Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighy... I have a Aiwa CDC-MP3 player and love it... but...

I would like a little more EQ control and something to fill up the 2nd hole in my dash (ya.. i could get a Double Din, but without MP3... :( )

Anyway.. is there any 3rd party, single din EQ (prefferably a Graphical one, not a analog) than i could add on to my current system that will give me more control over:

The balancing
Have presents and programmable present
And have an Active EQ (responds to sound)

Any info would be appreciated..

BTW.. somethin like this

·
Registered
95 Posts
Rockford Fosgate epx2 symmetry with 28 band eq card. Gives you everything and a bag of chips! It's an EQ, Cross Over, Pre-amp boosts your voltage and has won many SQ compititions. They use to be very very expensive like almost 2 grand when they first came out they are around now for just under 1 grand and you can find them for around 300-500 on ebay. Good for both SQ and SPL because you can preset everything and don't have to mess with everything after you use the spectrun analyser to set adjustments. Another good choice but does not have the flexibility of the epx2 is the Audio Control EQT's series2. They are a 30 band mono eq and you will need 2 of them! Realy nice!! Sound.

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
the epx2 is awesome unit, i am thinking about using one, but the crossover is huge part of the piece and the slopes are not the great, but in terms of flexibility and PROGRAMMING you can't beat the epx2. pioneer and sony both make pieces similiar to the one in that pic, they should be less than a epx2.

KC

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wanted to put an epx2 in my vr-4 too. I wouldnt know where to put it though since its Din and a half. Damn din and a half to hell! If anyone has any info/ideas on where to put one that wouldnt be ultra expensive or ugly looking please tell. Its the only Rockford product I like.

·
Registered
177 Posts
do u need one of these if u buy an nice head unit, or have a nice amp? just wondernng

·
OG *** Member
2,742 Posts
Pioneer DEQ-9200. I've run it for two years now. Auto equalization. Standard and professional modes allowing staging. 6 to 24db slopes at 15 points across the spectrum. Without a doubt a great unit.

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
Kincade,
what about the middle console? but you have prol' already thought of that. i have also, seen them put the display on/in the visor too.

KC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts