Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 94 vr4, and on the left side of the back of the car, across from where it says vr4, i have "active aero" written on it (same lettering at the vr4 letters). but i havent seen another vr4 with this written on it.. does anyone else have this written on their vr4?

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
not stock... do you have a pic?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no unfortunatly i dont. i could borrow a camera but my car is in the shop so i cant take a pic of it. the car was not modified at all when i bought it, so i doubt that the previous owner bothered to write active aero on the back. however ive never seen it on another car before, so it just doesnt make sense. the lettering looks like its from the factory tho, so who knows.

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
I believe what happened is the previous owner probably took the "Active Aero" off of the front air dam and put it back there. That's my guess - that's the only place on the car that ever said "Active Aero."

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
could be.. but these letters are like thick letters exactly like the "vr4" across from it. were the letters on the front spoiler under the car like the ones found on the rear of the car, or were they painted on there?

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
I'd give you a comparison but I don't have any lettering on the back of my car to compare to and have never looked at it up close. :D

It's flat, though.

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
the VR4 lettering is raised... the Active Aero on the front is a sticker

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
then its not from the underspoiler cause its raised lettering like the "vr4" emblem. huh, i guess its not that important, its just wierd cause ive never seen another one with it.

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
there is a company called Chapor that makes raised identity decals.. looks almost like the stock lettering.. maybe that's what it is?

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
Jspec said:
wouldn't u rather want twin turbo lettering?

its like..yo..watchout...i gotz them active aero that'll smoke you! :D
no, i am going to take it all off. i don't like to advertise... No one up here will race me... that's what reputation gets you, i guess... not even 1100CC bikes (note the S, more than one) will race me!

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
RicYoon said:
not stock for sure...take it off
Ric
b/c it's not stock, he can't have it on :confused: I would rather have that, then the VR4

BTW: are you on the SD3Si list? Probably should rename it to the SoCal list, huh?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AgtBlank, im like you, i dont like to advertise either. but i think im going to leave the lettering on there for now. no particular reason, just cause i dont feel like taking it off, and it doesnt annoy me. when i get my car back ill take a pic of it and post it. And you should move to my town in central nj, people around here will race a corvette c5r is they had a chance:)

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
i'm on my way to San Diego on Friday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts