Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is strange BUT, my spoiler in the back only works when it is WET. It gets stuck up any other time, but if it rains or if I get a carwash, it'll go up and down just fine until everything dries again. WTF?

ConFed

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Yeah, mine did that exact same thing, too.

The problem was the 2 micro-switches in the rear wing. I replaced them and the wing works fine every time. I'm sure there's some scientific explanation as to why the switches worked under humid conditions, but for whatever reason, replacing them fixed the problem.

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
conductivity...I think I read somewhere that Lightninght strikes the ground more frequently when it is humid (or when water is in the air) then when it is dry. It is the same principal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok... any idea how much these cost and where exactly they are? When I took it apart I didn't notice any microswitches...

ConFed

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Radio Shack sells the switches for under $2 each and are normally in stock. Part #275-017, and you'll need 2 of them.

The switches are located around the perimiter of the white cammed gear that's driven by the motor. You must remove the motor assembly to get to them. For instructions and pictures, got to John Adam's site at http://www.vr4stealth.com/. Go to the "repair" section, "exterior", then "rear spoiler removal and repair".

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
524 Posts
AustinGT said:
conductivity...I think I read somewhere that Lightninght strikes the ground more frequently when it is humid (or when water is in the air) then when it is dry. It is the same principal.

Yeah, I hate that rain crap.. worked for me yesterday.

Sunday I am taking that bihitoch apart!

·
Registered
655 Posts
How hard was it to fix the microswitches? Timewise.

·
Registered
524 Posts
detpac said:
How hard was it to fix the microswitches? Timewise.
I'm guessin' two hours tops... hopefully one of these other fellas answers!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
About two hours the first time. After that, it gets a little quicker.

·
Registered
524 Posts
JeffWVR4 said:
About two hours the first time. After that, it gets a little quicker.
You da man, thanks!

Radhio shack had 3 of those suckers in stock, so I picked 'em up last night. I'll install them with a buddy this weekend, as well as grease that monkey up some.

We all deserve working aero!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Did you get your wing working? Just curious.

·
Registered
524 Posts
JeffWVR4 said:
Did you get your wing working? Just curious.

Yup. =)

Az

1 - 13 of 13 Posts