Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of having it on there, and i dont like the looks, its a lot scratched up, so i took it off. Now i have the AERO light on the dash on, how do i get it to go off but no disable the rear aero wing?

·
PING? PONG!
663 Posts
uh..... simple... put it back on..

HAHA, just playin, there should be like a fuse under you hood that you can take out, maybe that should work? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont wanna put it back on.. From what i've read it doesn't actually add any downforce between when its on, and off. And mine was scratched all up. I dont wanna remove a fuse cuz i like playing with the back one. :) After i pull a few lengths on peeps i wave at them.. im retarded :)

Any other suggestiosn?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I'll TTT you because I wouldn't mind hearing this, as I am thinking of what to do to my front end in the near future...

Are there some wires somewhere coming from the front active aero that have to be in a loop in order for the light to not go on?

·
92/99 3000GT VR-4
575 Posts
When you removed the front aero spoiler, did you also remove the motor controlling the spoiler? If so, then that's why your getting the aero light on ur dash. Once the computer senses that the front active aero is not working, then the computer disables the whole active aero system including the rear. I had to remove my front active aero when I installed my 99 front end but I wish I left the motor in so that I would be able to use my rear active aero. Now I gotta buy a used motor somewhere....

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so how do you disable it without putting the motor back in?

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
did you take off the motor/arm/and brackets? When I removed just the plastic shield, the bracket would get stuck and then the light would come on. Do you still have the rear spoiler?

·
5,179 Posts
Just plug the front motor part back in and mount it somewhere out of site. (Take all the brackets and bolts off of the front motor though) I have no front active aero and the back still works.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still have the rear spoiler, i just removed the front plastic and motor assembly. I dont wanna put them motor back on. Thats part of the reason i took it off. If i were gonna do that i'd have left it all on.

I want the rear one to still work cuz its cool. But i dont want the light on, and i dont want to have to mount the motor back on either. Can't i just loop some wires?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts