Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Twin 16T
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.) Any know if you can change the speed sensor so the active aero comes up and down at a different speed?

2.) IF front active aero is removed, can the rear still work?

·
Registered
251 Posts
jamesyot said:
1.) Any know if you can change the speed sensor so the active aero comes up and down at a different speed?

1. No idea, probably some setting in the ECU.

2. No, not that I've heard about anyways, but probably possible somehow.

And your idea is...

·
Senior Member "Go Pig Go"
3,086 Posts
the rear can work without the front if you discconect the rod that is connected to the front air dam...basically the motor works but its not moving anything. If you discconect thefront motor...the circuit is broke and your aero light will be on and the rear one wont work.

·
5,179 Posts
jamesyot said:

1) I dont think you can change that.

2) RoVR4 is right (I dont have active aero in the front but the rear works fine. Just disconnect the rod)

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm sure you could figure out how to hook up the wires going to the front motor so that the rear one would still work, but you could remove the whole assemby up front.
but why would you want to though? active aero has been proven to work quite well.

·
5,179 Posts
dimas said:
I'm sure you could figure out how to hook up the wires going to the front motor so that the rear one would still work, but you could remove the whole assemby up front.
but why would you want to though? active aero has been proven to work quite well.
There are plenty of extra brackets with the front active aero that you could get rid of but you will have to keep the front motor. Without the motor the rear spoiler will not work and you will get the aero light on the dash.

I had to remove the front spoiler because I ran over a blown out tire on the freeway. It damaged the front air dam and I didnt think it was worth the money to fix it. Also without the front air dam it looks better and you can save a few pounds.

·
Spyder VR4
178 Posts
Where did you hear this?

dimas said:

I have read several magazine articles that actually tested the active areo at freeway speeds and even higher and they reported no change in downforce. They said it was an expensive gadget that looked cool, but was worthless when it comes to performance. I took everything from the front active areo out and took the motor and everything else out of the rear wing. Pointless wirring if you ask me. My rear wing just stays tilted all the time.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Re: Where did you hear this?

19943000gtvr4 said:

I have read several magazine articles that actually tested the active areo at freeway speeds and even higher and they reported no change in downforce. They said it was an expensive gadget that looked cool, but was worthless when it comes to performance. I took everything from the front active areo out and took the motor and everything else out of the rear wing. Pointless wirring if you ask me. My rear wing just stays tilted all the time.
Yeah, but there was also a very in-depth scientific study done in Russia that said it did work. One thing I don't understand, is if they wanted it to just look cool then why even have the front air dam? It's not like that's easily noticeable. Also, why not give the driver of the car complete control over when they want it up or down. You can't move it up or down unless you are stopped or going over 50. Work or not, I still like it. Makes the car seem more exotic. Besides, there has to be some change in down force because if leave it on when drag racing you will ge slightly slower times. ALso the Puma 3000GT race car's is still activated and that car is gutted. You think they would be better off just getting rid of it if it did nothing. That's a lot of extra weight.

·
Spyder VR4
178 Posts
Re: Re: Where did you hear this?

Likuid said:

Yeah, but there was also a very in-depth scientific study done in Russia that said it did work.
I would not have thought they would even have or be conducting an experiment on a Japanese car in Russia

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
i dont know if its correct but i remember reading that article and it saying that the front AA provides some upforce and the back some downforce? any one have a link to the article?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I thought it was just a gimmick at first, but you can definately feel a difference when driving. Try cruising anywhere above 60 with it off and move the wheel back and forth. Then turn it on and do the same thing. You can really feel the wheel get a fair amount stiffer.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I dont know, but with the front one off and the back one still in tact it seems to be as good. The front one, mine anyways had lots of rips so i tore off that godforsaken plastic piece, motor and rod and just made a dummy wiring plug for the front so it would still function. The front doesnt seem to be as "useful" as the rear, if either are useful at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.