Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just kidding.

I just wanted to get some attention and say hello to the 3Si community. I am not a spy. I am not a troll. I am a dreamer and a regretter, just look at my sig...my roomate bought a '94 VR-4 and I have sort of become the Godfather of the car. (3Si member name Spydrman . I love that car. I think I am going to beat him over the head in his sleep and take his car. And replace it with my busted up ass Honda. Maybe he won't notice. Yeah...ok...

Anyway, we do have high hopes for the POS nonetheless. I am turbo, which helps a little. Not much really, but dammit it sounds good. And besides, as any of the members of this forum can agree to, these Honda freaks are mostly damn retarded, and I truly can't stand them anymore. Haha! THis is more like my breed of person, but alas, I am stuck with the Honda due to many MANY financially stupid decisions. So, until then I hope to be hear watching and listening and maybe inject my .02 every once in a while. I just wanted to lay it on the table ahead of time. Maybe call it my offering. Haha!

God I suck.

But I can drive better than anyone I know. One learns quickly when they are that much slower than everyone else they party with.:D

Peace,
Merrill.

·
Talk is cheap.
3,900 Posts
I think my roomate wants my VR-4!

.... but the Accord will be great here soon. Just gotta get that :cussing: ECU straight.

Anyways, guys, he is cool as shit. I've seen the honda forums too, and I shake my head. So, make him feel at home. Who knows, maybe he'll dump the Honda and get a 3/S! :D

Just kidding Merrill, ;) It's okay to own a Honduh.

- Jay

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I am a shifitng and launching god. Now if only I had enough common sense to actually get my car running again...I hate Honduh. Lol.:mitsu:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, nice 1st Gen.

·
blk93stealthes
9,150 Posts
welcome...i looked at your page, i like the part where you make fun of your muffeler. Hopfully people wont think my borla is a coffecan (dual single 4 inch dips). Welcome to the forum.

·
hangsout w/ his wang out
2,555 Posts
Welcome.. and if not a VR4 there is always an SL!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Im glad to see your interest in some real power cars.

However, I must admit, that Accord is pretty impressive, thats a lot of time and money put into that thing. I too, made the mistake of buying a Honda and I have yet to sell it. Of course, I only went with basic mods (intake, header, springs, and coffee can exhaust) and now Im glad I did so I have all that extra money to pay for my Stealth's tranny rebuild:mad:

Anyway, Welcome:)

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Speaking of the T3/04 turbo, I talked to a Miata owner on the road late last week who said that's what he was running. He had a mean BOV and a FMIC - it was pretty sick. I think he said it was the Drag Pro kit... I wish he would have raced. :(

·
VA Turbo
1,264 Posts
Where in VA Beach are you? I am in Norfolk right by ODU campus.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome alll...but to address some personal stuff:

ActiveAero: I wish I could agree,. and I will be THRILLED if it happens, but for the same reason the VR-4 isn't in the 11's stock, I don't think I cna beat one...weight. I have a good 400 lbs on a Civic, so even if I do hit my 300HP goal, I will be hurting with my 3000+ lbs. and for now I'll just set my sights on the SLs! :p

blk93stealthes: Thank you for the props. I don't think people at our cars the same way when it comes to the mufflers, and you know it! Funny story with that, too...I'll get to it later however.

marius: I would if I could, but I can't...it sucks. I owe so much more than the car is worth, I can't even get a new loan....sucks, huh? :eek:

Evil_Stealth: Sorry, but now that I have experienced boost, I may never go n/a again!

The Host: Your sig says GSR...kind of a Honda, but not really. There are a lot more true speed Acuras out there, so that's at least not as bad!

DrewVR4: Oh man, I wish you would have found me Friday! Spydrman (roommate), myself, and three other locals went for a cruise around the Beach and to the shop that is working on my Accord now. WE had a blast and got lots of footage for our DVD we are making ( more on that later!), keep your eye out for the next time we try to get together, although it may not happen too soon. Either way, shoot me (or spydrman) an e-mail or message if you would like to meet up and chill. WE live on Newtown Rd in Va Beach.

Once again thanks for the great replies.

Peace.
:beer:

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
the weight isn't all bad

I've driven some fast light cars and while they're fun, they just don't seem nearly as secure as a VR-4. I like my VR-4 not only becuase its fast, but because it has stability and I feel like I have something around me. You can also go through some moderate weight reduction and cut a lot of excess weight, at least on the first gens, if you feel its going to help you greatly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The ratio of weight loss to simulated HP gain is almost pathetic, and like you guys all have over most of the rest of the world, comfort is nice...sitting on your floorboard with a titanium toothpick as a shifter is not. Like when we raced a Taurus SHO the other day (I'm going to get in trouble for mentioning this), Spydrman was pushing hard but was still listening to the radio with the windows down and the heat on....at 140+ speeds. NOt too many cars could hold together, let alone be comfortable, at those speeds.

We drove a friend's S2000 a few months back. Scary as hell. The little thing is so wiry and jumpy that it really makes you tense when you get it going. (We had to say the joke about VTEC feeling like twin turbos, it was funny). Fast as all hell, no doubt, but not safe feeling, like you said. I don't know how the Accord will feel, but I doubt I will be chilling out sippin a Gin and Juice at 120+ speeds. :bandit: Just wasn't designed for it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In case any of you wanted to know the exact reason I had to find a new forum...click on this and begin the hysteria....:eek:

The "other" forum

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.