Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

AC compressor sensor

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jake stealth 
#1 ·
#2 ·
My car is a 98. The guy said that those years all models SOHC and DOHC had the same ac compressor except some had speed sensors on them. Don't know if he's right and I don't want to be ordering the wrong compressor only having to send it back. If anyone knows let me know.

Thanks.

#3 · (Edited)
It appears to be located on the compressor right next to where the hoses/tubes connect to the ports on the compressor. It is between the ports and the drive pully.

You could order a compressor with the revolution sensor and if if your original doesnt have one, well that shouldn't make any difference. Better to have one and not use it rather than need one and not have it.

The revolution sensor is used on DOHC engines only (so says the 1991 technical manual) because if the a/c belt slips and breaks due to a locked up compressor, then the alternator also ceases to function since they are both driven by the same belt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.