Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
STOCK ??? HELL NO...!!!
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys...

My ABS Servo motor start running the other day and it doesn't want to stop... I just disconnect the fuse, but I loose ABS capability....

How can I make the servo motor stop running and have my ABS back to work ?? :confused:

I searched Jeff L. web page and didn't find any advise there :(

Thanks for any help that you could provide...

El Boricua
[email protected]

·
Here Alot
2,366 Posts
I had the same problem and the dealership told me it is the ABS motor on the right front side. I just told out the fuse and used my NON ABS lol. but hate it when it snow or rain

·
Registered
418 Posts
I had the same problem on my Miata, and after poking around a bit, I found that the connector for the pressure sensor on the front channel was loose. After cutting it and rewiring to use a BNC connector, the ABS worked again.

·
STOCK ??? HELL NO...!!!
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know where the motor is, and I missed the opportunity to change it a few month ago from a friend who wreck his car totally. Now I'm looking on a cheap way to fix it....:D :eek:

El Boricua

·
1,280 Posts
It could be a bad motor control relay on the HU. I could email you the relay check page if you want.

·
1,280 Posts
I just got home from work, the relay check is on the way. Hope its some help.

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
I had the same problem. I found my problem to be a faulty wire on the ECM. It was a problem with the terminal. Not exactly sure what was happening (short or open circuit) but when I rearranged the wire bundle, the ABS motor stopped running continuously. Been fine ever since. :)

·
STOCK ??? HELL NO...!!!
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Steve,
Mine seems to be the relay, I just disconnect mine, shake it and put it back on and the problem was gone..... wierd...:confused: :rolleyes: but it worked...

Miguel

·
1,280 Posts
Cool. Mine has been the ABS relay in the front box twice. Take it out, throw it on the floor, and it works for a year:D

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
LOL! I know what you mean; anything that works. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts