Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
It's probably the computer thats under the center console. The thing can be sort of sensitive at times. Other than that I suppose it can be a bad wire. It's more than likely safe to drive and not worry about it going off for no reason. I know the dealer usually charges quite a bit for things like that.

-Jeff

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,835 Posts
Yellow......

I had the same situation in my 94 VR4.
Alot of things can cause this problem.
If you want help, shoot me an email or jump onto AIM, Im OhioSpyderman.

Bob.

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
After searching the forum it looks like a pretty common thing....whew! :)

Do the Windows work if the car is off? I think they are supposed to. If they don't then I found something you can try. Check out this thread... http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48847&highlight=ABS+light

Some suggestions I've seen....

Swap out the battery...
Check the fuses...

Someone posted this....
"My car has done this twice after hard stops. There is a fuse for the ABS in the breaker box under the hood. If you take it out over night and put it back in the next day it will make a clean check. Worked both times for me."

May want to check ...

Hope this stuff helps....http://www.sunflower.org/~fatbiker/brakes.htm#Why%20does%20my%20ABS%20light%20come

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I've had probs w/ my abs since I have owned the car. I checked everything from wheel sensors to fuses to wires. It used to just come on when I spun the tires, now it is on all the time. I have tried various methods for restarting the computer, but about 5 seconds after I turn on the car, the light comes back on. Sometimes my abs actually works, then the light goes out. Other time I lock all four of em up, and the light stays on. Whats going on? I don't get a code from the computer under the dash next to the fuse panel. i also have an srs light on and my cruis control doesn't work. That is why I was thinking that it might be a wheel sensor. If it is, I can't find it. I changed the engine and tranny out to a '96 from a '91.

·
Pure Twin Turbonium
85 Posts
abs light

Is your ABS fuse blown? My reverse light switch was bad and was blowing out the ABS fuse which is on the same circuit. That would cause my ABS light to turn on. Thanks again to Dave Best who helped me figure that out!
Dave M
1992 VR-4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.