Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my abs light is coming on in my 93 rt/tt. its not on all of the time comes on for a few secs every now and then. everything feels fine anyone have any ideas?
thanks,
jaime

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Your owner's manual may discuss the fact that the light comes on every so often for no good reason, and that it will go out if you shut down and then restart. That, at least, is in the '91 manual. Maybe the idiots at Mitsu fixed whatever the problem was.

Further checks you can make - when you first start the car up and start to move away, when you hit 4 MPH you should here about 2-second's worth of some hydraulic sounding hissy noise from the engine compartment. This is your ABS doing some kind of self test.

Next test - any time you start the car, look at the ABS light. When you turn the key to ON, it should flash twice (4 if you have a turbo) in one second, and then go out. When you turn the key to START, the light should come on and stay on. When you release the key back to ON, the light should flash twice (or 4 times) again, and then go out. If this is the pattern you see, then your ABS is fine.

If you see any other pattern, let me know, and I'll see if it's documented in the shop manual.

This comes up often enough that it ought to be in the FAQ section.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks andrew i appericate the help i'll try it!!! i love this car but i dont want to fix it all of the time!!
jaime

1 - 4 of 4 Posts