Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just want to clear something up real quick.. with this unit, is there a need for a seperate a/f controller such as the apexi? or does the unit take care of that(which i think is the case). i know injectors and pump are needed on the side as well.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks vr4maniac. this brings me to my next question. i have an a/f gauge and a k&n fipk already. if i buy the mas upgrade, and get an apexi(or whatever) a/f controller, would i be accomplishing the same thing as the arc2 unit? are there advantages to the arc2 setup over what i just mentioned? i think ive heard that the arc can handle bigger injectors, but im not sure. thanks in advance:D

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
sorry

you wouldn't be accomplishing the same thing, you can't go to the upgraded mas without the entire ARC unit, the ARC wouldn't understand what the stock mas was telling it. The ARC could be run along side an AFC (air fuel controller), but you need the entire ARC unit to take advantage of its qualities of higher air flow and ease of tuning. I wish one could just buy the upgraded MAS, but its just not the case....feel free to ask any more questions, they're common misconceptions.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot for answering my questions clearly and to the point. im trying to understand EVERYTHING before i start with serious upgrades, so i dont make bad decisions. so the questions will most likely continue :D thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts