Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing around supraforums earlier today and saw some sort of race fest at MIR last weekend. Well i kept reading and reading and it seemed that this cocky RX7 owner named Wicked7 was saying how he beat the AAM Stealth.

He said that he was running flat 11's all day and when him and the stealth lined up...AAM ran an 11.6 to his 11.0x. So did this actually happen. And if so, what happend and why the higher than normal time. Was there something wrong with the car?

Anybody else hear this? Maybe i just missed it.

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
could've happened

maybe he let off because he didnt get the launch right, or whatever

also, he said his tranny was going/gone

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well I can shed a little light on the subject at hand. I was there at the track that day and yes the RX-7 did beat the car with a 11.0 to his 11.6 but in Chucks defense there was a major traction issue. The car roasts and I mean roasts the tires of the line through 2nd gear. The car was sideways coming out of the hole like crazy so he had to let off and get back on it so that is why the times weren't to impressive but he was only running about 22-23 PSI so not to bad on a street street tire not a drag radial. The RX-7 is a friend of mine and you need to take him with a grain of salt as they say. He is a good guy and means well he catches a lot of shit from all the Supra guys about his car. We ran that car the weekend before at Mason Dixon all day long pass after pass and went 10.7,10.8 10.7, 10.7, 10.8 and so and so you get the point and this at only 20-21 PSI cutting 1.50 60fts consistently. So he has finally earned some bragging rights. You have to understand that here where we live their are a lot of supra guys and he always caught a lot of shit so he was just rubbing it in that he beat his arch rival all day long in his Supra. Chucks' car is a beast thats all I have to say BEASTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Take Ernie with a grain of salt? No, better
use the whole shaker...:D :D :D
A good guy though, and his car is really
starting to run well. Last year I had him
believing all RX7's had to run 800 lbs of
ballast to run the power 6 class at MIR.
You have to admit he has one beautiful
Wayne

·
hands drop, the BS stops
772 Posts
Hey, Ernie got spanked by poor boy's turbo crx running 12's at parkway... he shouldn't be getting all ancy :p :D . The rx7 is a beast though.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yeah he may have got beat by a CRX who I might add was running 25 PSI on Race gas and a nice shot of the giggle gas. Ernie was being his cocky self, "no honda is beat me" and had no idea what this guy was up to. He was running 13 psi and on a regular old street tire as opposed to his slick and gave the kid the break. So not really a fare fight. It made him open his eyes never under estimate the enemy. I might also add that this car was built by Jason Hunt who runs a CRX in the quick class that goes 9's and low 10's all day long not to mention that poor boys crx is no slouch it has gone deep into the 11's spinnig his ass off. Oh and by th eway that guy blew it up at the very end of the race which sucks but hey thats racing. You win some you lose some.

Joe

·
Registered
321 Posts
Here are some pic's of Ernie T's RX7. One other thing thats very impressive about his car is its a totally bone stock motor, no porting, nothing. When he ports it this winter and runs 28lbs of boost next season, the car should easily hit low 10's all day.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
another...

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
last one

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
so it was Chuck's car, not the orange Stealth

·
Registered
4 Posts
billvp said:
so it was Chuck's car, not the orange Stealth
Yes, it was Chuck's stealth. When I raced it, Jamie of AAM was driving it. He tree'ed me, but I caught him after that. I appologize of I came off arrogant, but most of my friends have Supra's and I hate those cars ( and them...:D ) with a passion. They talk so much shit, so I was very happy to be putting the smack down on them. I finished fourth that day loosing to a mustang w/ NOS/Supercharger. I've met Chuck a few times. Very nice guy and his Stealth is bad ass. Here's the video of our run. I know, I know.....his name is Chuck......I screwed up....lol...

http://67.83.35.214:8095/media/ernie/ErnieT RX7 vs. Robert 650AWHP Stealth.wmv

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Hey Ernie,
Matt and Tony went to ATCO today, did you
go? I hear Tony went 10.3 at 145 mph. That
PHR 2+ must be pretty stout. Nice runs .
Wayne

·
Registered
4 Posts
WAYNECAR said:
Hey Ernie,
Matt and Tony went to ATCO today, did you
go? I hear Tony went 10.3 at 145 mph. That
PHR 2+ must be pretty stout. Nice runs .
Wayne
Yea, I heard. Tony's running well. Hope it stays togeather with all that Nos. I know Jimmy didn't do well when he put the N20 on his car. He blew his motor again last Friday.
Matt was telling me he broke his shifter. He's getting a new one under warranty though.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Ernie,
That .oo4 second finish must have been a
rush. I just noticed the 1.50 sixty ft in your
sig. That's hooking and cooking in a big way.
Congrats!
Wayne

·
Registered
4 Posts
jwilliams said:
Wicked 7 : How many HP does your car have?
To be honest, I've never dynoed it. It was tuned with a Motec wideband on the highway, but w/ 128mph trap speeds that would put me close to 500rwhp. Once I port my motor, that will be good for about 50 more rwhp.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.