79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any pics of an AAM Intake installed on their cars

i cant decide if i like it or not.... for those who havent seen it

im just tryin to decide if itll look cool or just plain ugly and dumb

·
AEM Veteran
2,061 Posts
I think it's cool looking. But unless you have something to replace the MAS - like the AEM EMS or VPC - it's just going to look cool sitting in your driveway. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought it came with everything in order to mount it....

"The AAM Spec. Air-Intake Kit is designed to help your motor breath easier to
produce more power. The AAM Spec. Air-Intake Kit comes with everything for
an easy install and uses a genuine K&N Air-Filter. Normally aspirated 3000GT
and Stealth's should see 7-10hp gains, and turbocharged 3000GT and Stealth's
should gain 12-18hp."

ps... do you like the tyspeed stuff....it looks good..but its aluminum not SS...get some feedback

·
AEM Veteran
2,061 Posts
Their website is misleading. They do have a single-filter intake kit for cars running the stock ECU, but it's not the one in that picture.

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Frestylereactio said:
did you have to change the MAS?
I don't use the MAS, and i'm also using AEM EMS.

Black94VR4

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Re: black94

stealthvader said:
not to get off subject, but how would you compare your 650r's to the old 17g's????
17Gs dyno [email protected]
650Rs dyno [email protected]

Both turbos are very comparable, except that the 650Rs pull harder up top due to bigger turbine wheels. 650Rs hold 22psi till redline, not sure of 17Gs.

Black94VR4

·
Registered
418 Posts
Black94VR4,

What about spool up? Did you feel any difference in "normal" driving? I don't want to have to drive super aggresively just to extract some power. I just upgraded to Phantom turbos from 13gs, have not driven it yet though, snowed in :mad:

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
tazracing said:
Black94VR4,

What about spool up? Did you feel any difference in "normal" driving? I don't want to have to drive super aggresively just to extract some power. I just upgraded to Phantom turbos from 13gs, have not driven it yet though, snowed in :mad:
Both turbos spool up around 3K and full boost at 4.5K. Normal driving, the difference isn't much. How big re Phantom turbos as compared to 650Rs.

Black94VR4

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
so you can't use the AAM intake without replacing the MAS? why not? I think dual intake filters is cool as hell but have stock MAS and Apexi AFC, so I can't use it?

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
SamAlam said:
so you can't use the AAM intake without replacing the MAS? why not? I think dual intake filters is cool as hell but have stock MAS and Apexi AFC, so I can't use it?
Since each airfilter connects to each turbo, u need to remove the MAS. I used VPC/S-AFC combo w/o MAS before I changed to AEM EMS.

Black94VR4

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have them on my car. Same situation, you have to replace the stock MAS. They were not polished so I painted them black, but I don't think they look as good as the new intake. Here's a pic. btw HKS does not make the red filters any more.

Attachments

·
Boost Junkie
945 Posts
I have the HKS mushrooms and im still running the stock MAS. There are two different kinds. One is for a VPC setup and one is for a stock setup. I can take a pic later tonight when i get home if you want.

·
Boost Junkie
945 Posts
its on the stock mas but it has two filters....hold on, ill find a pic somewhere......

·
Boost Junkie
945 Posts
I found it! This is what it looks like.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts