Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Hey Ray, I heard a lot about the head lift fix. Can I have a local machine shop do it...or is this a Pampena Motorsports only fix?
its a Pampena deal. ive given out the info on it a few times but the shops messed it up.. and it was really hard for us to fix

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,128 Posts
its a Pampena deal. ive given out the info on it a few times but the shops messed it up.. and it was really hard for us to fix
Hmmmm...so I would need to ship you my block, forged internals and heads? The heads are the IPS "street heads" w/264's.

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,128 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Dave mentioned this to me last night and I wasn't sure about it. But at this price I can't refuse. Dave will send in my deposit :)

Here's a good question and I think it's do-able. Is it possible to swap out the old studs with the new ones without removing the heads/head gaskets? Remove one bolt and add one stud at a time?
This is definitely a Ray question, but i would (obviously) make sure the car is cold from sitting a day or so..then drain the coolant (just so if you break the seal nothing will leak) and remove the head bolts one at a time in the torque sequence..as you remove one i would install the stud at half the torque..Once all chaged out then i would torque them in sequence..just my thoughts...Ray??

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
This is definitely a Ray question, but i would (obviously) make sure the car is cold from sitting a day or so..then drain the coolant (just so if you break the seal nothing will leak) and remove the head bolts one at a time in the torque sequence..as you remove one i would install the stud at half the torque..Once all chaged out then i would torque them in sequence..just my thoughts...Ray??
it should work.. its worth a try. only if theres never been a gasket problem

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Shoot, i tried to start a new topic in GB but i dont have permission to access the page??? WTF?? I guess we can start the list here and move it over once the admin helps clear things up..

1) Italo
2) Leonel
3) MarioG
4)daneboy5
5)my92ksl

Please add your name to the list...
Ok, everyone definitely in please update the list..i think we will make 10 pretty easy..the more the better..

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
What the hell. I'm down for a set.

·
SOHC you in the FACE
5,762 Posts
Is there a reason why we stick with OEM diameter? Seems like others like to go bigger.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Is there a reason why we stick with OEM diameter? Seems like others like to go bigger.
Good point, I actually had my old 3.0L block and heads machined to accept 9/16 studs (Pain in the ass on the bridgeport) but never got the chance to test it out. Our studs are M12 and an upgrade would be M14 or 9/16, but there can be some colateral damage doing this (cracks in block where the threads meet)..Plus now you have to machine the HG to clear the stud as well..Just a lot of headaches..If there truely was no alternative i would say do it, but with the H11 matieral there really is no need..

Ok, who will be our lucky 10????

41 - 60 of 179 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.