Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I am having some custom A1 headstuds made for our cars and was wondering if anyone would be interested in jumping in. These studs far exceed the ARP2000's yield and tensile strengths offered for our cars:D. The cost for this stud kit will be 430.00 for 10 sets and the manufacturing time is 6-8 weeks. So far I have 3-4 sets accounted for..Anyone interested? I would need 50% up front and the rest at shipment.. I'll move this over to group buys if the interest is high..

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,130 Posts
At what HP rating would these be needed vs. OEM headbolts? I am doing a build now and would like a piece of mind.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
17,963 Posts
well seeing as the top 2 that posted are in the 1k awhp and the 3rd one was over 800awhp. There are some with 1000awhp that still use stock head bolts though.

Coop

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,405 Posts
Damn, couple months too late; just threw in new oem. Subscribing 'cause you never know. Depending on how long this GB takes, I may be down for a set. If you are keeping track of "maybe's," put me on that list.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i have them since 2004. they are highly recommended when going for 1000whp and above. the headlift fix stops the heads from flexing but you still need to stop the bolts from flexing when going for the really big power

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In my experience, anything over 800ish awhp should have these..the arp 8740's suck, the ARP 2000 are slightly better but thses are custom h11 tool steel which is what the ARP L19's are made from...I can only speak to what i have seen, i have not yet tested the stockers for yeield strength but my plans are to test them this week..These are custom and different from the other A1's sold, they will have no undercut on the body of the stud..I think it will be fair to say that if you upgrade to these and have a problem with head lift its not the studs...

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,130 Posts
i have them since 2004. they are highly recommended when going for 1000whp and above. the headlift fix stops the heads from flexing but you still need to stop the bolts from flexing when going for the really big power
That was going to be my next question and thanks for answering ahead of time Ray! I am debating on where to have the motor work done at. I currently have a 4-bolt, CP pistons, and 3sx forged rods. I am looking to be in the high end of 750+awhp. I think these would be a nice investment for when I go for even more power!

Put me on the list as well.

-Dan

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
the more the cheaper
Keep in mind and I would like to let people know. Italo is not making a dime on this and spent alot of time on the phone with A1 .... JERSEY LOVE for 3SI ... oh yeah
dude you know how many times i did that?? its the only way to get shit done and in the end it leaves you broke! how many people have a 300M output shaft now? that took me forever to do. but thats whats nice about a small tight knit community. i just need a real job on the side! haha

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
That was going to be my next question and thanks for answering ahead of time Ray! I am debating on where to have the motor work done at. I currently have a 4-bolt, CP pistons, and 3sx forged rods. I am looking to be in the high end of 750+awhp. I think these would be a nice investment for when I go for even more power!
you should do them while theres a group buy going

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dude you know how many times i did that?? its the only way to get shit done and in the end it leaves you broke! how many people have a 300M shaft now? that took me forever to do. but thats whats nice about a small tight knit community. i just need a real job on the side! haha
Very true! Hopefully we get this through and it helps..

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.