Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be possible to have maybe a small 8 or 10 running with a UDP? I know the UDP cuts off on your accesories, but I was looking for a lil bass. I used to have two 10 Jensen XS or something with a 400 watt LA Sound amp hitting pretty hard, and it was killing my car. I sold it and thought about getting just an 8 with a small amp possibly. Ok, I'll shutup now.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
How much does the EDP slow down the alternator? I'm sure you could get away with a small sub like that. You might also look into getting a 1/2 farad cap. That would probably be better for the system. All I can say is wire it up and see what it does. Have you looked into getting a bass tube? Bazooka Makes an 8" amplified tube that saves a lot of space, but still provides enough bass. Look for the amplified RS model. Good luck.

·
THE GAME
1,464 Posts
I have a UDP and i am using a radio that draws 120 watts and an amp that draws another 200 watts. It runs fine but i am installing a 1 farad cap soon because i got a great deal on it. If you are considering buying a bass tube i have a bazooka tube with a rockford fosgate sub in it (RF sub is much better than the SAS bazooka sub) and an amp to power it for $200.

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
I little amp to drive a sub shouldn't pose a problem with a UDP. Going all out like yours truly, well, a UDP is pretty much outta the question... :rolleyes:

Now if someone would make a stock size but lightweight crank pulley... Considering almost all of the power gains is from the UDP is from the lighter weight and not the reduction in size. Hell, just turn your AC off and there ya go...

EricB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts