Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sucks to see it on the trailor, but I had to. Its my daily driver, and I've spent over a week and a half trying to figure it out. Sadly we're taking it to my local Mitsu. dealer. They keep buggin me to trade it in, especially with the Evo coming in Jan. w/280bhp! (so says the sales rep)

·
Native
3,894 Posts
bad MAF?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I was in the middle of trying different things, including the MAF, but after I put the TPS in and the car failed to start anymore, I figured the MAF out. :D
The sales rep also told me low 30k for an Evo. So they won't be TOO popular. Specially when you can get the SRT Neon for 20k. Also, I've heard word from local "insider" Dodge guys that they plan on doing an Evo port. Kinda like the 3000GT/Stealth.

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
boostedVR4 said:
Well, I was in the middle of trying different things, including the MAF, but after I put the TPS in and the car failed to start anymore, I figured the MAF out. :D
The sales rep also told me low 30k for an Evo. So they won't be TOO popular. Specially when you can get the SRT Neon for 20k. Also, I've heard word from local "insider" Dodge guys that they plan on doing an Evo port. Kinda like the 3000GT/Stealth.
What are the specs on the SRT neon? ive seen so many ads about it

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What are the specs on the SRT neon? ive seen so many ads about it
Well, this is from the latest Sport Compact Car:
223 FWHP, 250lbs FWT - [email protected] - 1/4 [email protected]
Has a :mitsu: TD04-16G Turbo. Exhaust consists of turbo, cat, 2 resinators. NO mufflers. Also, FMIC stock. Development engineers insisted the engine calibration and hardware are within several percent of final production. $19,995. Lookout. They will be EVERYWHERE. Thank god they are only coming in limited #s to start....

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually, from what I've heard, the Evo is well over 300bhp in Japan. Maybe thats wrong I dunno. All I know is tonight I asked about the Evo in the US, and she told me Jan., and 280hp.

·
15G Powered Funboy
316 Posts
Doesn't nearly EVERY japanese sportscar have a claimed '280 hp'.. I thought that was like the manufacturers agreed limit on 'claimed' hp.
1st gen VR-4 was claimed 280 ( In Japan, and was more like 300 )
R-32 GTR Skyline ( and R-34 I believe ) claimed 280 as well... I think it was the mk4 supra that broke that rule - "well our car is 320hp" ( Mitsu engineers turn factory boost from 10 to 12 lbs ) hmm.. so is ours!
All of us with 4g63 engined cars know that 280 from an EVO is realistic - with plenty left.
They will get common once you guys get them though.. I see Evos 2-4 ALL the time.. Skylines at every stoplight.
I almost never get to see 'American Muscle' cars though:(
I'm glad my 'other' car is a Galant VR-4.. there still aren't loads around.. in New Zealand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts