Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Professional Tool
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the run down. Its about 7:30, I leave my house and go cruising, looking for some rice to hunt down. Well, soon enough, some finds me. Its an old style eclipse GS with about 10lbs of stickers and tape. I think ok, I can do this. Well, when I get to the light, he looked over and revved real high, and I look away in utter disguist. I do about a 2000RPM launch and put a car length on him, ever since that point, it was over. I ended up whomping him by like 6-7 cars at the top of 3rd. I think, ok, now im pumped.
Well, about 30 minutes later, I spot my friend who has a 318 Charger. I think ok, this will be fun. I get next to him, give a little rev, and he punches it. I drop it into third. Pass him by 2 car lengths, shift into 4th. By this time, he is dead even with me, and beginning to pass me due to the obvious advantage of RWD. I follow behind him till we hit a light. Light turns green and BOOM. It's on. I get a decent launch with little tire spin. He beat me off the line, but I didnt despair. I tried doing my best nascar driver shifting, and it worked! By the time I hit 110mph in 4th, I had around 2 cars on him. Man, I was fucking stoked, I had just beaten a v8 with my SOHC. My head was spinning, I felt like a momentary god. Needless to say, when I caught up with him at Discount Auto, he was ripping pissed. Anyhow, that concludes the slaughter for tonight.

-Sean

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a SOHC too...

I have a SOHC too, but i haven't gotten the chance to race a v8 yet and have never really thought about it so far I have beat a crx, celica, stuck with a new 02-03 eclipse, civic, and a sentra SE-R. Anyways nice kill man.:dodge:

·
I wear a gorilla vest.
4,391 Posts
RWD isn't any better when you are racing from a roll. RWD is better on the launch because the weight transfers to the rear wheels when you take off, which helps traction if you are RWD. Which is why we FWD guys get such shitty take off.

-Remy

·
I wear a gorilla vest.
4,391 Posts
Anytime :D

-Remy

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
By this time, he is dead even with me, and beginning to pass me due to the obvious advantage of RWD.
fwd has less driveline loss than rwd, so your statement makes no sense, since you would have the advantage at the time with FWD since you're already rolling....

·
Registered
430 Posts
HOW is that BS?

WTF? Everyone always underestimates the SOHC. They arent that bad. Ive taken MANY cars. I have beat a regular Camaro V8 97 or so. I have also taken a 97 4.6L GT Mustang. So his kills arent too bad if he can drive it well. I know the DOHC is faster but give us some slack. SOHC isnt as bad as you all say. My .02

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
i've driven the sohc, dohc, and dohc tt. i can say that the sohc is pretty close to the dohc na up to 6000 rpms. that's where the sohc starts gasping for air, while the dohc keeps building power (the dohc breathes much better with the two camshafts and 24 valves at those high rpms). that's the main difference.

i'm still learning how to launch my 92tt, but assuming good traction, with all my mods on the sohc, i get pretty good launches from the sohc. it's later in the rpm band that i'm done for.

BUT, i wouldn't claim that i can take 97+ z28's or mustang gt's either. but spraying the juice might make it close....

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Riven said:
Hey Richey T, was is it BS?
It's all BS and you all know it. WTF do you guys think about?

;) :D Just Fokking with you guys. It's been a long time since I posted a BS flag and I was just itching to do it. Your post happened to be the first one that I clicked on. It could have been a McClaren F1 beats a Stock 5.0 and I still would have raised the flag.

Good Kills.:)

·
Professional Tool
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:bandit: I am going to try and make it too the track on saterday and bring back some time slips for ya'll to witness. I hope to obtain around a 15.8-16.1 Anywhere in there, I will be semi-happy till I get my single turbo.

·
pseudo individualism
2,490 Posts
hmm

What A SOHC beat a mustang, and a 97 LT1? You must have the tornado intake system!

Thats a pretty badass sig you got Odin. You should add more tech stuff to it. Like Proton converter Maxtor Flux Drive. With an arrow pointing to the lug nut. :p Anyways nice car looks just like mine.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Thanks for the props on the sig:)

An SOHC will not even see LT1 tail lights. They will be too far away. A Mustang, well, hate to say it, same thing maybe on a lesser scale;)

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
I just can't see it happening. Manual SOHCs are mid-low16 second cars stock. A 94-98 GT, 94-95 being the better years, are mid-high 15s. A Mustang from those years has anywhere from 40-60 more hp, and gobs more torque. Equal drivers, the Mustang, auto or manual, will win everytime. Don't even get me started on the 17 second auto SOHC terrors.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Re: I have a SOHC too...

blkstealth2786 said:
I have a SOHC too, but i haven't gotten the chance to race a v8 yet and have never really thought about it so far I have beat a crx, celica, stuck with a new 02-03 eclipse, civic, and a sentra SE-R. Anyways nice kill man.:dodge:
on the sentra SE-R did you race a spec v cause if you did the spec v would rape you

·
pseudo individualism
2,490 Posts
yes spec-v somewhat fast

Spec-V's are nothing to laugh at when you have the NA 3kgt. They run a 15.1-15.3. And are very de tuned from the factory. Just replacing the headers get you 12hp to the wheels. The cat back is supposed to be around 15hp to the wheels. I have yet to see a dyno on the cat back.

I have a SOHC too, but i haven't gotten the chance to race a v8 yet and have never really thought about it so far I have beat a crx, celica, stuck with a new 02-03 eclipse, civic, and a sentra SE-R. Anyways nice kill man.
I have a SOHC too, but i haven't gotten the chance to race a v8 yet and have never really thought about it so far I have beat a crx, celica, stuck with a new 02-03 eclipse, civic, and a sentra SE-R. Anyways nice kill man.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts