Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DR650R-Powered; IPS-Built
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... i am still working on getting my VR4 back on the road... we are very close though.

All the drivetrain issues are finally fixed, but the car is having some electrical issues with the radiator fans not kicking on. I am not the best at electrical stuff at all!! I was already planning on going out to the car to make sure everything is how i think it should be after the car has made its way through 3 shops in the past year.

Any chance that on Saturday August 29th anyone would be able to make the 1 hour ride from Cbus to where the car is and give us a hand troubleshooting? I am thinking spending the day there and probably head back Saturday afternoon.

I would pick you up and bring you back. Lunch & dinner is on me (drinks included) and I would be forever thankful if this is the last issue and we get the car completely fixed to how it was.

Some more info here: http://www.3si.org/forum/f35/vr4-radiator-fans-not-working-car-overheating-729401/#post8785041

Thanks - Tony

·
Wheee! 2 wheels is fun!
8,814 Posts
Sure you can pick me up but I'm 2 hours north of Columbus. :)

If you really need the help PM me and we'll come up with something.

-SP

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Matt from Columbus may be able to make it... he will confirm next week. If anything changes will let you know. I feel like we are close to fixing this thing and have just some minor electrical issue left to solve.

Thanks for the offer, will keep you posted.

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved... found a bad connection at a wire heading to the passenger side fuse box.

Almost back to 100%, just have to figure out a "tuning" issue.

Car is putting out a lot of black soot out the back. It sputters a lot at 4500-5000 rpm and noticed that the wideband O2 gauge doesnt go normally lean when you let off the gas. Also mpg has fallen to 16 mpg instead of 24 like it normally gets.

Thinking a leaky fuel injector or a bad O2 sensor maybe.

Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts