Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm comin up to a stop sign an i hear this little whinning noise look back and here comes a little red jetta. we pull up to the stop and he starts reving his engine. Note: this is when I was driving my trans am. O.k. i give it a little gas just to let him know what I got. All of a suddn he takes off. actually a little quicker than I thought. I punch the gas and catch up, I pull ahead then tap the brake so he can catch up. The whole time he keeps trying. I give him props for not giving up though:p . We start weving in and out of the traffic he starts going into the oncoming traffic to pass me. So I decide just to end it. I give my car full throttle and just leave him. We pull up to a light and I give him a thumbs up. He actually starts talking trash to me. And I was just being nice. Light turns green and I leave it hard he didn't catch up after that. I really don't like jettas anymore, you know what they say one bad experience can ruin them all.:D

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Do you think the jetta had a supercharger. Could explain the whine and why he took off so fast

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mabye

You know I didn't even think about that till you brought it up. Hmm.. how much horse power do those jettas pump out anyways, hypothetically with a supercharger? it was like a 95 I think.:confused:

F

·
0 Posts
Hey Chaos, where do you live? How much ya want for the t/a? I am correct in saying it is the 350 tpi, 700r-4, and 9 bolt aussie rear end.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Depends on the Jetta. Some have a turbo diesel, which is not fast at all but has a lot of low end grunt and a little whine to it. Also there is a 150 hp 1.8 liter (2001 gets 180hp), also with a good bit of low end surprisingly, and the N/Z VR6 that has 201 hp. If it was a supercharged VR6, it should haul pretty darn quick. Not sure how fast your car is but I'd say a VR6 with a decently done supercharger would run low 14's easy. There's a twin turbo VR6 bettle i read about. 550hp, AWD, 6-speed pretty much the only new bettle I'd like to have.

Jason

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
I think most Jetta's are a joke. I raced one one night, ate his ass off the line, and I'm hearing a whining noise. I didn't know what was up....I didn't have my throttle all the way down (c'mon it was a Jetta), so I floored it and let her rip. At the Jetta up. Turned around...asked if he was spraying and he said he had a turbo. So even turboed Jetta's aren't that fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts