Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my car brokedown a couple of days ago I called a towing company called brown and brown to tow my car home 30 minute away. Okay this is how it went down.
First I'm sitting in my car waiting on the guy, I turn around and I see him parked right behind me just staring. So I get out of the car go over to him and say-

Me: I need to go to Stone Mountain

Towguy: You won't get there tonight, there's alot of traffic.

Me: (looking at him sippin on my lemonade) SO CAN YOU DO IT?

Towguy: (Keeps looking at his watch and looking at me for about 15 seconds before he decides to pull in front of the car to hitch it up)

Me: (Still sippin on the ade)

Towguy: Did the dispatcher tell you how much this would be?

Me: No

Towguy: Oh this is going to run you about One hundred (He paused for a second and said) and fifty dollars.

Me: I'm still sippin on my drink looking at him while he was extending the bed to hitch the car, I'm thinking he's kidding until he started taking out the hooks and not saying anything else.( ONE HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLAR TO DRIVE 30 MINUTES.

Towguy: Oh you can afford a new fancy car but you can't afford to get it towed?

Me: New car? That's a 91 and what does that have to do with charging me so much money?

Towguy: Traffic

Me: Traffic? WHAT? I had a car towed an hour away for one hundred dollars and you want $150 for 30 minutes?

Towguy: Went on about how many cars he tows a day and how much he pays for insurance.

Me: Man I don't care about your insurance I want my car towed for a more realistic price.

Towguy: I'll tell you what lock it up and call us in the morning and I'll tow it for half that price.

Me: No I'm about to go back to the phone and call someone else to tow it. (I walk off)

Towguy: (Pulled his bed back up and left)

I found a company to do it for $85.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
Yeah, when my SL spun a rod I had it towed home. I was $2.50 short of the fee. So we get in the towtruck and head to an ATM machine but instead of getting money, the guy kicks me out and I have to walk home!!!!! It was about 3 miles away! Bastard! AND whiteboy had to run through the hood at dusk. I cant remember ever running so fast for so long.

·
McStealthless
1,456 Posts
Hahaha....

I can just picture Matt running through "the hood".... funny stuff, man!

R/T, sorry about your luck with the tow truck guy... they can be real pricks. Sounds like a guy I had to deal with when my car was towed at Panama City one spring break, he was a real JACK ASS.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
AAA(no need to say anything else)

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Darktrail said:
AAA(no need to say anything else)

-Jeff
Unless you are on Mass Pike between 495 and Boston... Then you get transfered to the Staties...

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
My insurance covers my tows.

Matt we don't have a "hood" in Orlando.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
My parents have Triple AAA I dont.
My understanding is its less than 100 dollars a year. They will come give you a tow up to 4 times I believe(if you need more they will do so but at a lower cost, like half of regular cost). And take you where you need to go long as it is reasonable. If your battery dies they come out and start it. If you have no pride and run out of gas they will come give you a gallon.
There's more plans but thats a basic one. It's come in handy a few times when we had a van that didn't seem to want to make it home ever.

-Jeff

·
Registered
750 Posts
when my rt was totaled they charged 350 bucks to flat bed it less than 1 mile to my house. Insurance covered it so i didnt care but thats BS

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
AAA cost me $116/year. This includes free towing (up to 100miles per call), 2 gallons of gas when you run out, free maps, trip tics, etc.. This is for my wife and I both.

AAA is a great thing. Saves me a lot of $$

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
AAA kicks ass,
When my 90 Grand Am blew a transmission, I had to tow my car from Orlando to Englewood. Cost me 100 bucks for like 160 miles. Not too shabby. Feel bad for that tow truck driver, he was hitting on my mom tho....pretty sick guy.

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
Damn, it only cost me $65/year for AAA plus over here :). I've had my car towed a number of times using AAA, not always on my policy too. Most of the guys are really nice. One tow truck driver even said he knew where to find a mint stealth TT for like $5k. Too bad he never called me about it :(.

·
Registered
557 Posts
gotta love "you got a new fancy car"comment,i get that all the time with my 92":D

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Get towing added to your policy

It's available for all policies probably, but not everyone remembers to ask if you want it. By the time you realize you want it, the sun is setting, it's getting cold, and you have trannie fluid running across the road.

Get towing added to your policy !!

·
I scare clowns
445 Posts
Get AAA plus. It'll be worth it. Also, if it costs too much to tow. Sometimes, just leave the car there. Call the shop you are getting it repaired at, and sometimes they have their own tow truck or truck that can come by and pick it up for you. And give you a huge dsicount since they're also doing the repair job.

-= nav =-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts