Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back a week or so ago, I posted a thread about a Stealth Model I had just built. I think it was "Latest Addition for OhioSpyderman".
Well, you guys started posting back about the models that you had and someone mentioned a 2nd gen Stealth model and I had commented that I had not seen one, would love to have one, and could they post a picture of the box....

So anyway, Monday I get home from work to find a package on the porch.
I figured it was some of the Ebay stuff I had bid on for the kids, when I looked at the senders name......

"Feathers McGraw" !!!!!

I laughed so hard I nearly burst into tears. To make a long story longer....I had brought a stock Airbox to the NG for Andrew to "experiment" with. I gave it to him with no intention of repayment (he gives me repayment daily with his clever posts).

Soooo...I open the box and what do I find? Yep, that 2nd Gen Stealth and a Christmas card.

I'll let Andrew tell you what it said, but I can tell you it WAS classic Andrew.

Andrew, I just want you to know that in a week or two, to keep an eye out for a package from me. It just so happens I have a 1st gen (sorry, its a TT) that Im gonna paint "NON-GAY" blue and build for you.

Thank you for your great kindness.

Your GOOD friend,

Bob.

:)

·
15,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
I can't remember the details of the Christmas card now, but I think the phrase "fat foreign bastard" was prominent.

There is a model shop next to a bakery that I go to, and a couple of years ago I wandered in on the off-chance that he'd have a Stealth model. To my amazement, he had a dusty 1991 version sitting there for $7.50. Given that, at that time, guys here were buying them for 20 bucks and up on e-bay, I bought the thing and stashed it away in the closet.

Month later, same shop, I see he has a less-dusty 1994 one as well. I have no intention of building the 1991, and I don't really care for the looks of the 2nd gen ones, which precludes building it, but I bought it for the hell of it anyway, and stashed it away as well.

After your post, I figured it would do more good completed in your office than unmade in my closet, and as I said, it made me feel good to send it.

As you work on it, keep in mind Kurt Vonnegut's plaint about how he mis-spent his teenage years in his parents' basement, making models and masturbating.

The maple syrup remains on hold in the freezer for you.

·
15,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll expound on the card a bit....

...not having the card handy, or having your "tongue".....I'll improvise a bit...

"I have been on this paltry planet for XX years and never in my life have I felt so good about giving a present. Suprisingly this is without ever seeing you naked!!. When you do build this try paint it a non-gay color, like blue instead of red"

Your Fat Foreign Bastard

A.

:)

·
og
4,293 Posts
can ya feel the love? i can...

... in a purely platonic sense, of course... :D

safe travels you two, happy holidays.

- mike

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
This to me is what the spirit of Christmas is all about. It is ironic to me that we can meet the best of people right here behind a computer talking about cars. I hope everyone reads this and has a happy holiday season.

·
og
4,293 Posts
andrew, great info! thanks for the link to the w&g page. i had completely forgotten about them for something like a year! kazaa is currently searching for w&g now. thanks again, me n the little lady thoroughly enjoy w&g. did you see chicken run? if so, what did you think?

- mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.