Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took a long time for me to take the time to do it, but here they are.

TE37SL 17x9.5 +35mm with custom black stickers on Direzza Z1 265/40/17

Plenty of space for the Stoptech!

Eric

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got to say... I love your car... Mostly because it looks a lot like my car from the outside... But your car has everything I want on the inside... lol...

Did you get any center caps for them?

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Nope! They don't make center caps for them!

I admit with a flash it does make the center pretty obvious and no so nice! But in person you don't see it, you have to bent and look inside to see it!

I personally always preferred without center caps! On my other DSM's wheels, I always removed them!

Eric

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the customs stickers, they are identical, my sticker guy made a great job :

Red was too 'flashy' for my sleeper car! I had made the 'Volks Racing' and the 'TE37SL' in black.

When I received the wheels only the red 'TE37SL' were on the wheels, so I had them made in black so I can stick them over, but the red doesn't bother me too much, we barely see them because they are on the lip.

The 'Volks racing' in black are very discrete, I like that! It match the special order of the Stopteck in black.

BTW I have an appointment for a paint job right after the NG!

Eric

·
One fix at a time
7,762 Posts
So what lightweight 18" wheels would you recommend for the track Eric that clear a Stoptech 332mm BBK? Eventually I'll get a set of 18s or maybe 17s like your winter wheels and put either drag radials or slicks on there for the track. I won't see the strip maybe a few times a year or else I could splurge on some TE37s. :p They look nice though! :D

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well most 18'' with the good offset will clear the 332mm. The wheel I use for winters are very light and fit well the brakes, but they only are 7'' wide... not good for the track.

IMO we 3/S, don't have enough choice to choose from. I went with the TE37SL because they were strong, light and available in the good size/offset + they were the best looking wheels that were meeting all those requirements! TBH I didn't find any other wheels that could be comparable with those.

Eric

·
One fix at a time
7,762 Posts
Well most 18'' with the good offset will clear the 332mm. The wheel I use for winters are very light and fit well the brakes, but they only are 7'' wide... not good for the track.

IMO we 3/S, don't have enough choice to choose from. I went with the TE37SL because they were strong, light and available in the good size/offset + they were the best looking wheels that were meeting all those requirements! TBH I didn't find any other wheels that could be comparable with those.

Eric
I agree. We don't have a good selection of wheels for our platform. I'd rather not spend $800+ per wheel for something that doesn't see dd use. Some people have money to blow though. I have a set of 19" Volk GT-Cs and Gewalt Evo IIs. 19s on the street may be ok but I wouldn't want them for the track. I have yet to decide if I want to switch back to 18s on the street. It all depends on how much power I decide to make in the end. I may end up selling one set of wheels to get a good 18" wheel.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Car looks great!

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! I got a new paint on the car 2 months ago! But I didn't took any pics yet!

Eric

·
My car is a money pit
2,765 Posts
nice car and nice wheels. i will say, i am not a fan of 17's though. i think 19's are perfect for our cars, and 18's look good too. 17's are just so small... too much tire for my taste. but its to each his own! looks clean as is :)

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
17'' = more rubber = more traction = less 'bang' with the coilover over bumps, potholes... especially for a DD. :)

Eric

1 - 15 of 15 Posts