Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, about that 97 VR-4..

They are asking $29,995.. which I think is high.. I've seen some that are around $25k, so I was gonna ask $24,995 and see what thet say..

As far as selling my car.. I have a 93 Stealth ES, auto, with just over 100k miles.. the car is in very good shape, and has been taken well care of. It's silver, with black leather interior.. It's pretty much got everything that was an option, except for the power antenna.. I was thinking I could get $11k for it.. Am I crazy?? I work at a private golf where it costs $75k the first year to join, and $24k each year after that.. I figured I could try to sell it to some old golfer (no offense meant to any of you) who just wants a unique, but not too expensive sports car..

Lemme know what you guys think..

-LDG
93 Stealth ES --> afraid of being replaced...

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
You probably can sell it to some old duffer who is getting divorced if you tell him about all the young girls that ask you for rides and then show up with your girlfreind or someone who will play the part when you know he will be around. Don't forget, you are selling it because you are getting married, having a baby, need cash for school or whatever. Good luck.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I traded in a 1993 3000GT-SL for a 1995 VR-4 and they gave me $9000 for it at a Mits. dealership. The car was basically in good shape, needed to have the hood repainted because of dings and chips. It had just over 100K miles on it and was loaded with everything including the ECS, auto trans, top of the line factory radio with 6 disc CD changer, etc. But, it took two days of arguing with the used car manager to get that price, his first offer was $4500! I just got up and walked out and told him I was here to do business, not play games. We negotiated and it eventually worked out.

Brian

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
You don't get to the position in life where you can afford 75 grand to play golf by being a moron. Playing the huckster to such guys will just piss them off and get you fired. And anybody who can afford 25 grand a round is unlikely to be impressed by somebody else's girlfriend, no matter how gorgeous she may be.

As for the asking price, while I am in no way a walking/talking blue book, and based solely on what I paid for mine, I feel that you're way over-priced.

On the other hand, a fool and his money are soon taxpayers, or something like that, so it doesn't hurt to at least *try* selling for 11 grand. The worst that can happen is that nobody bites, and you have to drop your price anyway. Give it a shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts