Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what it is, but it happens once every 10 times or so I go from 1st to 2nd. It's usually very faint and if I had to guess I'd say it was comming from the middle to rear of the car. I remember reading somewhere about a seal going bad or something, and it ended up costing the person the whole tranny... Needless to say I would prefer to avoid that scenario. Is this what it is or could it be a loos mount or something? It's not under hard acceleration (not that I would be able to hear it over my passengers screams) but usually when I'm (and this is very seldom) driving nice and sane.
Does this mean I should drive crazy all the time?

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.
Mike

[This message has been edited by VR-4_Owner (edited January 10, 2000).]

B

·
0 Posts
Is it a clunk or a thud? If it's a thud it could be an improperly adjusted clutch pedal height/free play, carrier bearings going bad, or problems in the clutch or tranny itself. If it's a clunk, then I would probably guess it's the U-joints...but they aren't replaceable...you would have to buy a new driveline. I suppose another source of a clunk could also be to much play in the differential. There are a lot of possibilities.

Good Luck,

Bill Wagner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts