Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a week and the car is basically fully broken in. I absolutely couldn't be happier.:bigthumb:

The DR650's are incredible. One thing I am most impressed by is the lag, or lack thereof. After a little minor tweaking I get 15psi by 2500RPM's. :eek: I could probably get it down a little lower with a more aggresive gain setting on my DSBC. Before I got the car I was worried the lag would make the car a dog just driving around town. That is absolutely not the case! I can't keep the car out of boost! Boost builds VERY quick and the pull is very linear.

The Stage II heads are very impressive. The car is an animal even at low boost. At only 7psi my car feels faster than my WS6. I played around with a C5 on the highway and easily pulled away from it at 9-10psi running slobbering rich. Raising the boost makes a dramatic difference. The generic 1psi = 10HP doesn't apply here. It's more like 1psi = 13-14HP, atleast. Also, as opposed to running out of breath in the upper RPM's, my car rips to redline. It pulls harder and harder until you shift and then starts all over again. There are no dead spots in the RPM band, everything is very linear. Just as a side perk, the heads make the car sound awesome in the upper RPM's. It's somewhat Ferrari-like but with a full, baritone howl.

Overall, the looks, the sounds and the performance combined with top-notch service from Matt/Dynamic Racing make it a perfect package. Again, I couldn't be happier. Working with Matt has, and will continue to be a pleasure. I can't think of a more positive experience I've had dealing with any company on any level. Several times Matt has called me up out of the blue to shoot the shit, see how the car was running and to see if I had any questions.

In the next few days I should be getting some nice pics of the car and possibly some good video. I'll be hitting the track in probably 2-3 weeks to see what this beast will do. Stay tuned, folks.:cool:

·
Registered
877 Posts
You're right about the heads, everyone always comments on how mine kind of sounds like a Ferrari. Glad to hear everything is going well. Matt's customer service is second to none. It's one of the major factors that keeps me as a loyal DR customer. Good luck and represent Dynamic Racing proudly!

·
1,568 Posts
Sounds like a sweet ride.:D How did you reduce lag?

·
3Si Corporate Shareholder
3,784 Posts
I wouldn't have expected anything less from a custom built monster. I can't believe the 650s start building boost that quickly! I can't wait for some video. What do you think Abram, low 11's easily?

·
The Reality Of Tomorrow
213 Posts
Badass powel - the wait has finally paid off. Definitely get some vids/media/sound clips of that car, I want to hear that thing roar :)

BTW, would you say that C5 got FUCT? Or what? heh...

Take care,

-m

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
DAMN - man thats awesome

Hopefully I can afford to build up my car to that point - and then we can kick some 2nd & 3rd gen ass!! :D

BTW - are new wheels the next mod? ;)

- Jon

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
My Kawasaki's gonna eat your lunch, foo. :lol3:

Glad you're enjoying it. When are you coming to visit?

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the compliments.:) I don't want to do too much speculation as to what the car will run. However, my goal is to run 11's on pump gas and deep 11's on race gas and/or propane with the current mods. This is just the beginning as far as mods are concerned, though.:devil: I want to put the DR650's into the 10's.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Dude that car is NAAASTY!!! I got whiplash just standing next to it... LOL.

I just thought about this looking at your sig pic... If you want it, I have a full can of night shades spray on tint for headlights tail lights and whatever else you might want to spray tint. I don't think I'm ever gonna use it, just wouldn't match my car... But that offer stands to any florida 3Si members if you wanna do your lights.

I've been thinking it over, and I've decided I'm gonna pick up that othr 92 charcoal gray VR-4 that matts selling and switch them when you're not looking. :D

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Powelsound said:
I want to put the DR650's into the 10's.
If I don't do it first!! grrr ... then again you're in florida ... my track right now is covered with snow ... fuck I won't see the 1320 until april at the soonest. damnit and I am stuck with crappy stock heads.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WICKEDDREW said:

LMAO! As long as that's what everyone thinks.;) :D Bring your Kaw, foo! I don't know when I'll be coming up to visit. I start with my new company Thursday. I have no idea what my initial schedule is going to be. I'll let you know.

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
Powelsound said:
It's been a week and the car is basically fully broken in. I absolutely couldn't be happier.:bigthumb:

The DR650's are incredible. One thing I am most impressed by is the lag, or lack thereof. After a little minor tweaking I get 15psi by 2500RPM's. :eek: I could probably get it down a little lower with a more aggresive gain setting on my DSBC....
what is your g/r for what boost levels currently :)

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
amazing

truly awesome car Abram...I'm completely impressed. I can't imagine how awesome it must be. I want to take a cruise to Florida just for a ride in it! Its alarming how small the list of mods are to make such a wicked car. Congradulations, I know having Matt build a car can leave you with very little to worry about. I want my engine to blow so I can do that:p Well, not really, but you get the idea.

the only question I have is whether someone would please explain to me how the "gain" works on the DSBC.....

again, congradulations, hopefully you'll make it to NG03 and you'll let everybody see that beast in person!

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Re: A brief review of my car/mods etc..

billvp said:

what is your g/r for what boost levels currently :)

I can't remember what my gain setting is right now. I'll go check later.

I think the ratios are:

25 - 8psi

45 - 11psi

55 - 13psi

60 - 15psi

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My gain is at 8

1 - 20 of 51 Posts