Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I have a small problem I would like someone tire oriented to help me with.I bought a set of new dunlop 901's in a smaller then stock size.They are 215-55-16 the reason is... They were the only tires in stock at the time I bought them which was the day of the N.G. "Crunch time". I also knew I was getting some 17's at X-mas and I hated the fact I was buying new tires for my 16" rims.I knew if I got the 215-55 They would fit on the wifes Grand AM GT which is really needing tires soon.So I wouldn't be totally out.
O.K. for the tires 17" rims.What size? And does width really make that much difference on the tire.I feel that just because it will fit doesn't actually mean it's the best tire.My car handles better with the tires on there now then a 225-50.Also I have a option.Since I polish things when I get my new wheels I want to polish the stockers. I can get used 265-40 -16 Goodyears that come stock on the Camero SS police cruisers for $50.00 a piece .The tire store that does the contract work for them replaces the tires if they go flat for any reason.Even like a small tack that can be patched or plugged.If I asked the guys to watch out for me, I could get a almost new set of these monsters for $200.00 a set mounted for autocross or drag on my newly polished rims.I have seen these tires with anywhere from several hundred to 1/2 tread.If I waited I could get a full set with probably 5K on them.The tires are about 300 apiece new.So will a 265-40 fit in my wheel well and would it be worth having a set for autocross?The guys at the store said no way they would fit then when I got to the N.G. I see a car with that size but I couldn't find the owner to see if they rub.I like the idea of having a diff.set of tires for abuse.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts