Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
1. List price $1182.15 for the '99 wing.
2. You need to have it painted and installed, which will cost more money.
3. For this much money you can have your car a little bit quicker.
4. Any other n00b questions?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I believe that you can get a replica 99 stlye wing for around 400. Dont listen to that other guy, its your car do what you want to it. I was looking into putting a 99 wing on my car or possibly the hoop spoiler. Not everyone is into going fast... some people are all show kind of people. So maybe he doesnt want to make his car fast. This is definalty not me however, I like a healthly mix of both.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
:wtf:

Where do all of these newbies come from?

If you want to look good, the first step is to "lower" the car and get rid of the 4x4 mode. The second step is to get a set of Volk TE-37s. Then you can get a carbon fiber hood. Next, the Veilside body kit.

If you are going to fix up a car do it right and not disgrace the rest of us with nice 3/S car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey man, don't be a jackass to the new guy. I'm sure you could've said what you wanted to say without coming off as a jerk. I'm sure we all had things we did or wanted to do with our cars that didn't fit the "3si.org mold." I'm not flaming you here, just be a little nicer cause we were all newbies once upon a time. I got a lot of respect for you on here cause you have something like 1500 posts, an awesome car, and obviously know what you're talking about, but that's no reason to beat down anybody else.

Paul

·
Registered
227 Posts
Oh, and btw, i'm looking at a 3000gt wing for my stealth. I like the look of the 99 vr4, but it seems a little too excessive for my personal tastes. I've been leaning towards the '97 "hoop" style spoiler, as i think it is just big enough. Any suggestions as to where i can get one and for how much? I think i'll browse through the for sale forum, but i'd rather buy new. Thanks for the help guys.

Paul

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Geeeessh, if you guys want it that bad pm redredmelo, :p he used to make them I'm not sure if he still does. ;)

Try a junk yard or something if you want a hoop spoiler, sometimes you can get a good deal there. You might possibly find one on the "parts for sale" forum here though every one in a while.

Good luck guys. :cool:

·
Oh no, not again.
341 Posts
Mitsusl is right - the genuine 99 spolier is going to cost 1200 just to buy, the you have to get it painted and installed. The only place I know of to get the genuine 99 wing is at a dealership. If you don't want to pay that kind of money, Dyanmic Racing has a 99 style spoiler for a lot cheaper. Click here for the Dynamic spoiler

As far as putting a 99 spolier on an N/A, there's a member on here with a 99 spoiler on his SOHC, so it's not like it's never been done, just prepare to get a lot of flak for it.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanx

thanx munkey that looks aswome, i think i just may get that, ohh and one other thing, anyone know what ya can do to get the middle hole to dissapear once ya put somthin like that on?

·
Registered
462 Posts
anyone know what ya can do to get the middle hole to dissapear once ya put somthin like that on?
If you are going to rice it out with the wing just use silly putty to fill the hole, it's cheap, you can do it yourself, and it hardens in the winter.

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
what is it about the 99vr4 wing that's so special? it's just like any other combat wing. Personally I'd rather have the veilside wing. it's probably lighter, and it's def. cheaper than the wing from mitsu. And it looks better.

Matt

·
Registered
462 Posts
I don't like the 99 wing, no offense to any 99 owners, it just looks like so many ricer wings out there. I like the hoop spoiler, I know there are ricers with this style also, but to me it looks better, not overdone or anything.

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
I'm a dork said:
Personally I'd rather have the veilside wing. it's probably lighter, and it's def. cheaper than the wing from mitsu. And it looks better.

Matt
You're the MAN! :rock:

·
Registered
847 Posts
I think the hoop spoiler is very nice-looking. The combat wing is very aggresive looking which also is great.

You should let the guy do what he wants to do -- it's his car.

I do have to agree with some of the posts here:

1. Stealth banana wing is the most god-damn ugly spoiler ever.

2. The hoop spoiler is a lot better looking than the 91~96 3000GT spoilers.

3. Combat wing is cool.

Please don't flame me, I'm kind of out of it when I am writing this post but I wanted to get my opinions out.

I think I'm stoned or something.!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.