Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to give up on my escapade of supercharging my SL after finding out that level ten makes bunk tranny's according to many supra owners. But I also have found a 99 vr4 for sale about 2 hours from where i live, but would need my dad to get the loan for it. He wont drive the two hours with me to get the car and sign papers etc. Is there anyway that i could be able to trade in my car on the vr4, and somehow set up a loan at a bank here for the vr4 two hours away, maybe by faxing information, signatures etc?

I can make the payment on the car and the insurance and stuff...i just need to get the loan somehow without my dad going up there.

Thanks alot. I'm only 19 years old.. i know i dont deserve to just go out and get a 99 vr4 like this, but if its possible.. good lord.. im gunna make it happen.

·
1,280 Posts
Set up your loan with your local bank. I have done all my cars that way. You can normally get a discount on the loan interest that way also.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But with the car 2 hours away, would i be able to get the car? My dad isnt cosigning with me.. its all on him. Would i need to go there... check the car out.. get the credit papers.. have my dad fill them out, get the title of my car in my name, bring it up there... negotiate a trade in price and price for the vr4...then how would i get the car without my dad coming with me to pocatello, id.. from boise? We would be able to get the loan locally and buy the car from the dealer in pocy without him having to go there himself?

Thanks again

·
1,280 Posts
You sould be able to do that. When I set my loans up it is for an unspecified car with a maximum dollar amount. Talk to your(or your Dad's) bank about the details but its not that hard to do.

·
Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!
1,107 Posts
His dad will still need to sign the paperwork at the dealership even with the pre-approval loan quote letter. You don't just get to walk onto a lot with a approval letter in someone else's name and sign the contracts in your name.

Talk to the dealership and see if they'd be willing to work with you and your dad by your dad getting the pre-approval at bank or credit union and see if the car dealership will bring the car and paperwork to you. If they want to sell the car (which they always do), then they (car dealership) will jump through hoops for you.

·
1 slick Mothafu*ka
2,287 Posts
Have them go to your dad.
Trust me, if they want to make the sale, they will do it.
Have them do all the credit stuff first, once they know that you're approved and you'll be able to get the car once they get a signature, have them go get the signature themselves. You never know, it might work.
Good luck.

·
I'll Never Grow Up!
1,073 Posts
And don't forget to give us details on the car

Color, Mileage, Upgrades etc.

Good Luck to you Geno:D

·
2,994 Posts
you go, you know now how I felt when I got my car. I felt like I was stealing something, had a treasure that I found first and nobody has every seen. I still truly love me car. I hope everything works out for you like it did for me. I hope the love stays but you must treat her with lots of love and respect. The second you forget to respect her, you will lose it.
Yes, I am talking about the car.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts