Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

We just received a shipment of these 99 style carbon fiber wings. We need 3 buyers in order to be able to offer this price. Once 3 wings have been paid for we can ship them out at this group buy price. After the 3 wings have been purchased we can start selling 1 at a time at this discounted price.

1. View the 99 Style Carbon Fiber Wing
  2. Add the 99 style carbon fiber wing to your cart
  3. Enter the coupon code: 99carbonwing
  4. Your total should be $435
  5. Click "proceed to checkout"

Call or email or PM me if you have any questions
1-478-227-2661
[email protected]

CA residents must pay tax.
Shipping is to most states in the US (excluding AK , HI, PR, USVI etc.)

Payment must be via our website checkout Visa/Master/Discover/Paypal/Google checkout

·
-Driftus Maximus-
887 Posts
Hope these fit together better than the one I got. Bought one from Key Composite Group off eBay and I looks just like this but doesn't fit together very well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
frpbodykits on ebay sells the same carbon fiber wing, keycompositesgroup was also another retailer of the same wing, but I cannot find their old ebay account history.

Here's the feedback I could find on ebay from frpbodykits about that wing, I could not find any negatives:

hit ctrl+f and search for 3000gt to find the feedback on the wing.

1 positive
eBay Feedback Profile for frpbodykits

2 positive

1 positive

1 positive

2 positive

Some of the feedback might be left from people before they had a chance to install it, so maybe they opened it, saw a nice looking carbon fiber wing and left feedback, but then installed it later and had problems. I have emailed 5 people to send me pictures, I also asked all 5 to tell me what they thought of the bolt holes and installation. Hopefully I get some replies and I can post them here.

I remember that wing is made from the original piece, but maybe the factory messed up the positioning of the holes. I will keep you posted on what I find out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Here is a reply that I got about the fitment, in summary he says that the fitment is good, but that the end caps on the center wing came off because they are not properly attached, to fix this I would recommend a carefully placed bonding glue or maybe an epoxy, after the wing is installed and set in place, there's probably cleaner ways to go about this, that's just the first remedy that comes to mind. Also make sure to use a rubber gasket type of padding between the wing and the trunk. Since Rudy did not purchase the wing directly from me I advised him to contact my supplier (chaser) to go about getting new end caps. This is the exact same wing that I am selling.

Fitment was great and I installed it myself in about 30 minutes. I just had to use the two stock mounting holes to align it from my 1st gen wing and drill the extra 3rd hole. Since my car is a 1st gen I had to weld my stock center trunk holes also. I painted the sides same color as the car but also have pics of it mounted in full carbon. Over all its a great product and is very sturdy "BUT" the only change I would make would be the wing bolt covers for the center peice. They are only held on by double sided tape and mine both flew off going out of town and I didn't notice them until I got to my destination. I have some great pics of it installed in full carbon and painted.

Sure I don't mind sending you some pics of it installed but do you mind sending me some replacement Carbon Fiber side covers Left/Right

Please let me know what you can do, I'd appreciate it.

thank you

Rudy

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a similar wing. Check my car domain link. Best looking wing, even for 1st Gen cars.
Nice pics, I was checking out the French's sponsored rides. Do you mind if I also feature your car's pictures on carbonfiberhoods.com ? I would like to add as many owners of the 3000gt carbon fiber 99 style wing as I can find :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Here are the pics that Milkman sent me of the wing that he purchased from frpbodykits, which is also the same wing we sell and the same one pictured on the test fitting pics I posted earlier. It looks like the one he got definitely needs work / replacement.

Basically what I think is happening is that the either the edge of the middle bar is too thick to fit in the recessed hole in the outer right wing rudder, or the recess itself is too small.

I advised milkman to call my contact, Russ at chaser to see if he can resolve this problem, so hopefully they can do something about this. Hopefully they can send him a new side piece or a new middle piece depending on what is wrong.

If for some reason they decide not to I would suggest sanding like so with a dremel tool, masking the visible center piece and sanding off the excess resin with dremel tool on the part that is supposed to be concealed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts