Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wraith RT AWD and I went at it again. He put on his new MBC while he was at school and came home yesterday to make some runs. All in al lwe made prolly 10 runs here and there I would say, all ove rthe place. We started off going in between 50 and 60 and did this a few times in a row. Everytime he got the jump on me by about 1/2 a car. But as soon as I got onto it I started to pull, slow at first but speeding up. I got 1/2 a car in front of him and would shift in to 4th and just walk all over him something awfull. We did some from a 10-15 mph roll and were about even with me pulling a bit till 60, then I would rake off again. We only went from a dead stop once, and he SPANKED ME something terrible, but I bogged terribly, and he had a nice launch that I noticed as he flew off infornt of me!

We have 1 or 2 of the 55 runs on ta[e, and I need to figure out how to digitize it, any suggestions or people that can do it? I could make a copy and mail it. Its on Hi8mm right now.

Info on both cars:
1999 Camaro SS 6 spd
mods: new air lid

1993 Stealth RT TT
Mods: MBC, Geddy BOV, K&N FIPK

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Just can't seem to get this MoFo!!! I'd get the jump everytime we got on if from a roll cause my boost would spike to 15psi, but once it bled back off to 10psi he'd start moving in. By my shift to 3rd he was passing me, and in the video, you can tell when I make my shift to fourth, cause Stealthy just drops away:(

Worst part is, I was gonna get a whole new exhaust system on over break (DP, 'enhanced' whatnots, cat back) BUT my brakes are starting to go (too many 100+ -50mph hard stops) and so I'm gonna have to redo them now.

Ah well, his time will come. My mod rate seems faster than his, so if I can get a bunch more sheot on by spring/early summer, I should be up there with him. Hope to be BPU by then:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Wraith R/T awd said:
Just can't seem to get this MoFo!!! I'd get the jump everytime we got on if from a roll cause my boost would spike to 15psi, but once it bled back off to 10psi he'd start moving in. By my shift to 3rd he was passing me, and in the video, you can tell when I make my shift to fourth, cause Stealthy just drops away:(

Worst part is, I was gonna get a whole new exhaust system on over break (DP, 'enhanced' whatnots, cat back) BUT my brakes are starting to go (too many 100+ -50mph hard stops) and so I'm gonna have to redo them now.

Ah well, his time will come. My mod rate seems faster than his, so if I can get a bunch more sheot on by spring/early summer, I should be up there with him. Hope to be BPU by then:cool:
You should be BPU+ pretty soon. Over turkey break I'm going to meet up with Chris (CDD VR4) while I'm back in St. Louis and we're going to discuss the turbo situation. The VR-4 will be the testbed car (I'm crossing my fingers on this because all of the money I have is going to go into modding this thing and the last thing I need is to blow it up). We're going to discuss the design of the custom exhaust manifolds for these turbos. I'm sure we can get them to fit although it's going to be a tight fit we'll get 'em in there ;) You'll be holding 14PSi to redline in no time, none of that spiking crap ;)

We'll also work on the custom downpipe and a few other things. You will be losing no more:D

·
1 slick Mothafu*ka
2,287 Posts
dude, when you get that custom exhaust let me know as i will be all over it.

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
Good runs.

Wraith R/T -
Once you open up the throat and the cats, it will be different :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts