Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'll start making the 99' spoiler in a couple of days, the reinforce deluex spoiler is still on hold, but I'll make 6-7 all fiberglass spoiler just like the last group for the same price $395+shipping.
Is any body interested in the taillight covers? I think I'm able to sell them for around $70 per set, I don't have pics yet but they have 4 circles cut out on each side. Trust me, they look good:D

99' spoiler
1-user name and email address
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-

taillight covers
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

Here are some pics of my spoiler if you haven't seen it: (thanks purple VR4)
http://www.lehigh.edu/~atb2/99conversion/14.jpg
http://www.lehigh.edu/~atb2/99conversion/15.jpg

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
What color are the taillight covers? You wouldn't happen to have any pictures would you? Also whats the status on the '99 lip. ;)

·
The gloves are now off
1,508 Posts
Im interested in the taillight covers.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PRODIGY3000, It'll fit a little better than the Kaze, my covers have a curved edge wrap around the taillights so that it's a plug and play. BTW, it look kinda like the cover on the very top.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Spoiler

I need a spoiler, and soon..I personally like the arc spoilers better but I'm kind of hesitant to drill more holes than necessary (on my Stealth TT). Reserve me a spot for now..(There should be no problems with fitting this on a Stealth, I hope?)
Also would it be possible to get it painted?

Name: Tony Chang
email: [email protected]

·
Registered
682 Posts
You know I'm on the list for the spoilers ;) ;)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yesyesyesyesyesyes...taillight covers!!!! :D Can you have them ready in a week? ;) Ok, here's what I'm thinking though. I don't know how flexible you are on the hole pattern but my preference would be the 3 hole because the 4 hole with the round reverse light on each side makes 10 circles across the back of the car. Kinda busy IMO so I'm thinkin' 3+3 in the covers +the 2 backup lights for a total of 8 looks better like the middle one in the Bozzperformance pic. Let me know what you think and can do. Right on dude! :D

·
Registered
689 Posts
redredmelo said:
Hi everyone, I'll start making the 99' spoiler in a couple of days, the reinforce deluex spoiler is still on hold, but I'll make 6-7 all fiberglass spoiler just like the last group for the same price $395+shipping.
Is any body interested in the taillight covers? I think I'm able to sell them for around $70 per set, I don't have pics yet but they have 4 circles cut out on each side. Trust me, they look good:D

99' spoiler
1-user name and email address
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-

taillight covers
1-Czarcasmus - [email protected]
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

Here are some pics of my spoiler if you haven't seen it: (thanks purple VR4)
http://www.lehigh.edu/~atb2/99conversion/14.jpg
http://www.lehigh.edu/~atb2/99conversion/15.jpg

·
3si Member #46
581 Posts
Damn, I want that 99 spoiler so bad, Please tell me you will be making them again sometime. Because I just found out this morning that my rack & pinion needs replaced and there goes my spoiler money.

But, if the tailight covers will work with the base\ES stealth tailights I could buy a set of those.

Thanks, and sorry for not being able to buy 99 spoiler at the time.

Josh

·
Registered
764 Posts
WHo's purple vr4 is that?

I am curious how much the paint job cost to paint the spolier to match the car!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Slush5, I'm not sure if the tail light cover will fit the 1g base Stealth because there is a black trim under the taillight. Can you take me some close up pics of your taillight?

StealthTTBoy, the paint job should cost arond $100-$150 from your local bodyshop.

·
Sport Leisure
1,110 Posts
is there any way for you to make the 99 spoiler with a brake like on it? using either LEDs like the 91-96 base/SL spoilers, or with a regular light like the 91-96 VR4s?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BusyGT, it's not hard to insert the LED in the fin but it'll weaken the spoiler, that's why I don't offer the option. On the OEM spoiler they don't have the lights on it too.

·
I'll Never Grow Up!
1,073 Posts
Nice Job redredmelo

From the pics, I can't see any diff between your spoiler and my stock one. Nice Look. Might be a materials difference.

For those who are looking to add the brake light, the '99 VR-4 has a rear window brake light. THe SL and Base have an LED in the arch. The problem is this. The wing is an airfoil. It is basically an upside down airplane wing with a slight rollup on the (thin) trailing edge. I admit, LED in that edge would loook nice if it was thin enough to fit - but it would not be the '99 wing then - maybe an improved one though;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts