Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen a lot of post in the Parts Wanted forum for 99 parts. I’ve also seen a lot of post regarding misc brackets and such. I had a hard time figuring everything out when I did my conversion so I thought I would help everyone out. Here is a complete breakdown of what you will need to do the 99 conversion. Everything you need can be bought at from AutoPartsPeople. Follow this link:

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...=1999&graphicID=6230814&callout=1&catalogid=2

I’ve searched high and low when doing my conversion and they have the cheapest parts by far. Rockville wouldn’t even match their prices; they said they couldn’t even get them that cheap.

99 Bumper --- $382.77
Left Headlight --- $445.48
Right Headlight --- $445.48
Left Turn Signal --- $53.57
Right Turn Signal --- $53.57
Left Bumper Insert --- $25.24
Right Bumper Insert --- $25.24
99 Sail Panels --- $93.25 each - They come painted your choice of 4 stock colors
99 vr-4 wing --- $870.87
99 Hoop wing --- $292.24
99 Rear center Panel --- $82.85

*Note all the headlights, turn signals, and Bumper inserts come with the bolts and clips needed to install them

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now if you want the splash shields underneath, there are 3 plastic pieces.

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...=1999&graphicID=6230020&callout=3&catalogid=2

Left --- $20.92
Center --- $46.48
Right --- $20.92

*Note: If you buy the splash shield, scroll down a little. You will want to order 12 Hole Cover Nuts, and 12 Hole Cover Bolts to hold the splash shield on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here are all the brackets you’ll need to mount the 99 bumper. The 2nd and 1st gen brackets won’t fit. The only bracket you can reuse is the top one on the bumper in front of the radiator and hood latch. But if you don’t have it, no problem, APP has them. Just match the number w/ the picture.

#20 Lower Bracket Lower Bracket Right --- $4.93
Lower Bracket Lower Bracket Left --- $4.93

#18 Upper Upper Right --- $13.70
Upper Upper Left --- $13.70

#19 Lower Lower Right --- $8.64
Lower Lower Left --- $8.64

#12 Protector Lower --- $54.23

#7 Brace Brace Right --- $11.56
Brace Brace Left --- $11.56

#9 Protector Front --- $9.12 ** You can take this off your old bumper

#10 Protector Center --- $29.84 ** You can take this off your old bumper

#11 Protector Rear --- $3.36 ** You can take this off your old bumper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now what if you ordered your bumper from elsewhere or bought it used? What and how many will I need to order? Well here you go:

#4 Bumper Cover Pad --- $0.59 each, you need 2 one for each side

#3 Retainer Clip Lower --- $0.98 each, you need 2. It snaps part #7 to the top of part #20

#14 Hole Cover Nut --- $0.44 each, you need 8 to do the bumper inserts. This is also the same clip used underneath the bumper that will slide onto the inside lip of your bumper. Then your splash shield will bolt up into these clips. I believe you need 12 for this, so total of 20.

#15 Hole Cover Bolt --- $0.76 each, You will need one for every part #14 your order.

#2 Retainer Clip Upper --- $1.24 each, These snap into part #20. you need 4. If you get these you better order 4 more of part #5. The purpose of these clips is to for the inner fender lining to bolt into. On earlier gens, there are 3 holes for the fender linings. However the 99 only has 2. I think it may have slightly different fender linings with holes in each.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now here are some optional parts, but you shouldn’t need them if you saved your bolts from removing your old bumper.

#5 Bumper Cover Screw --- $0.76 each, You will need 4, they hold your bumper to your fender and screw through part #7.

#8 Bumper Cover Bolt --- $0.91 each, You need 4. They bolt from inside the fender and have the job of pulling the fender and bumper together

#6 Bumper Cover Gromment --- $0.74 each, You need 4. They snap into underneath your fender. Bumper Cover Screws #5 screws up into it.

I think that about sums it up. Please don’t bash me if I screwed up a quantity or anything. Everything ships from the state of Washington. There is a dealer there called Mountain Mitsubishi. They use AutoPartsPeople as there online store front. There shipping is also very fair. I had everything minus the 99 bumper and v-4 wing shipped to Vermont for around $100. Everything was packaged good and arrived safely. I managed to find a used 99 bumper, and I just ordered my wing from www.cianciusa.com I can’t wait until it comes. Sorry I don’t have specific part #’s. I think they might be listed on my invoice though. I’ll check later. - Charlie

·
die die die!!
5,601 Posts
oh yes, and lets not forget the hood for all us first gen junkies. i don't think i saw that there, but i may have just missed it

good write up

_isiah

·
Registered
216 Posts
Great post!

Thanks for the information Charlie

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Cool..thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
3000GT_Dave said:
Good writeup. Now none of the new members (or any member for that matter) can say that they can't find any information on the '99 conversion because it's right here.
Just a side note just in case you guys need part numbers and or picture doesnt show up like it didnt for me... A link from a fellow 3s guru... He has some very helpful info there

http://daveblack.net/asp/3000GTPartsInfo.asp?page=986

Also, as a side note you can also speak to RUSTY at South Gate Mitsubishi (734) 246-5941

I paid $79.20 for my sides
turns $51.25
Headlamps $426.11 each
Radiator support $69.42 etc..
Just use the link to get part numbers.... I will paste the part numbers later for the front parts in the thread.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Emailed these guys a parts list a week ago, got a conformation email from them that it was received. Have not heard a word since and their website does not list a phone number to contact them directly.
Anyone have more info on how to reach them?

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've ordered about $1500 worth of parts from them. No probs here. You can get ahold of the supplier, Mountain Mitsubishi directly by going to www.mountainmitsubishi.com

They have phone numbers listed there. They use autopartspeople as a store front. Autopartspeople uses a service called trademotion to show prices and part info. I think there is a problem w/ the trademotion service though because none of the pictures show up. - Charlie

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
I can vouch for them also. I just ordered my 99 parts and talked to them directly. It is a legitimate dealership. They seem to be nice guys in the parts dept.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks guys, The posted prices are great, way better than waypole with 25% 3si discount. Just needed to speak to someone about some stuff I don't have part #'s for and ran into that glitch of no contact info.

Again, much appreciated.

·
die die die!!
5,601 Posts
KurvKutr said:
I can vouch for them also. I just ordered my 99 parts and talked to them directly. It is a legitimate dealership. They seem to be nice guys in the parts dept.

hey, how much did you pay for the 99 converion?

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rossfashow said:
i just got my car stuff done at mountain in tacoma, WA, are their 99 parts cheap like in autopartspeople?

Mountain Mitsubishi is AutoPartsPeople. Well sort of. AutoPartsPeople is a corporation that provides really good prices for many OEM parts for different manufacturers. They provide an online storefront for these dealer's parts and accessories. AutoPartsPeople uses MountainMitsubishi as there "mitsubishi" supplier and sells parts online for them.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.