Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering, if the 99 centers have like run out of stock at mitsu dealers? I haven’t been able to find a post stating they aren’t readily available. I ask as 3sx no longer takes orders and I’m seeing prices online average 4-5 hundred. Are these becoming extremely rare ? I have always wanted one on my first gen and it seems crazy that they are that much

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
14,208 Posts
Have you tried finding 99 turn signals?
Prices for parts UP, prices for our cars, not so much...

Ugh.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man what a bummer, I’m still reeling from the fact that some of the shops I really wanted to buy parts from that existed back in 06-2016 are no longer around. I used to have a victory 2 hood from canci on my first car and now I’m not even sure I can get one. 3sx supposedly can but I wondered if it’s an old listing. Forget finding a new pair of front ecs struts. Grrr

I almost want to try and make my own mold and make a 99 center copy out of carbon fiber, could look pretty cool. Also looking into puddle lights for the doors with 3000gt vr4 in a nice cursive plus. A light up mitsu emblemin the spot where 99center chrome goes. Like modern cars ex: Mercedes has the emblem light up

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,103 Posts
When I first joined this forum about 10 years ago you could grab a 99 garnish for $100 - $150, but they didn't come up for sale that often. Now I'm seeing them posted for $300. If you could sell them for $225-$250 shipped you could prolly make a killing.

·
Premium Member
1999 3000GT VR-4 242/287
266 Posts
1999 garnishes have jumped from $100 from a few months ago to $300+ now. Sucks to be a 1999 owner.

·
Registered
17,534 Posts
I just discovered you can't even find dumb shit like an OEM VR4 badge. Survival of the most mechanically inclined I suppose.

·
Registered
99 Mitsubishi 3000gt Base
10 Posts
I have a 99 rear garnish for sale if anyone wants it 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
23 Posts
I made my own post about this topic, yeah people are selling them for $250-300. Not even in perfect condition. You’ll see on eBay Craigslist and sometimes Facebook people are way to proud of them and will try and sell for $500-900. It’s absurd

·
Registered
438 Posts
I think think that what we're seeing is both a supply/demand issue AND a possible value increase of the cars in the near future. The parts might be becoming scarce but the jumps aren't justified from the base population of the cars on the market.

From what I see, once the market for one car hits a maximum that people are willing to pay, they move to something else. Could be a "hey, them damned things are pretty cool!" coming around. Or circling around as my investment guy says.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Personally I’m trying to find one in ok enough condition to try and make a mold then try it in carbon fiber I think it would look pretty sweet. But paying an arm and a leg for a piece that was what 150$ maybe a little more a year or two ago is hard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts