Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
corporate slave
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I know you got excited and clicked this link, but i was just advertising this race, we'll probably be doing it this weekend if all goes as planned, and we'll get a video of it for all you visual learners =)

anyone raced an SC430 yet?

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
well i have yet to see a thread where ruiner has lost a race, so we'll see what happens

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
jeez Brandon . . pick on something with comparable power, will ya ? :D :D

2002 Lexus SC430

300 hp @ 5600
325 lb-ft @ 3400

0-60 = 5.9
14.4 quarter mile time
156 mph top speed, bangin' the limiter.

3840 lbs
0.30 drag coefficient with rear spoiler
261 cubic inch aluminum 4 cam / 4 valve per cyl
10.5:1 compression

Stats from Lexus Corporate.

·
corporate slave
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i started the fight, not him, i just want another kill video for the 3si community =D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
was up brian. pott's moms sc is going to get destroyed

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Man, I have never even seen this car. They just want a video of me eating him alive, I guess. *shrug* Should be fun, though. Two black cars running against each other... ;)

I'll see if I can get the black WS6 on video as well.

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
Jeeze, the top of the line Lexus is now going to have trouble with a frickin Altima - bwa ha ha!

·
Devoted Darkling
3,519 Posts
Ruiner said:
Man, I have never even seen this car. They just want a video of me eating him alive, I guess. *shrug* Should be fun, though. Two black cars running against each other... ;)

I'll see if I can get the black WS6 on video as well.
Where is this going down and when? Let me in on it, too! If it's from the line I'll skip shift in to 3rd and still walk him whilst you run away from both of us. ;)

If it's from a roll... I'd like to see how far you can pull from me when we are not limited to 1/4 mile. :D

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
hmm . . lets see . . .

If you have your choice between a 2002 Lexus SC430 and a 2002 Nissan Altima, what one would you choose ?

I thought so.

BTW - The GS430 is the top performance car in the lineup, and the LS430 is the flagship car.

·
napalm death
1,545 Posts
Cigarette, the 2002 Altima 3.5 has 240 horsepower and runs a 14.7 1/4. Intake exaust and headers and your at low 14s.
That fat bug looking Lexus is 58 THOUSAND DOLLARS, the altima is 24 thousand. So....I'd take the Altima and save money rather than waste it into an over priced goofy pile of shit.

So don't assume that Lexus is god because its not.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Lexus SCripoff

The Lexus SC430...I have seen them priced commonly at 70k+ upwards of 84k actucally. That is outrageous. So to answer your question Altima or SC430. Buy the Altima and with the remaining 50k or so....get a MB CLK430. They are sweeeeeeeeet.

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
Oh, brother . . . .

you kids and your Altima envy . . . how funny !

Grow up.

Let me REPHRASE for the ones struggling with this :

if someone was to GIVE you a new SC430 or an Altma, which would you choose ? I see the uneducated have jumped in to state that they would GLADLY have an Altima over an SC430, and I find that extremely funny.

NAPPY TT -

Perhaps when you are educated enough to know quality when its presented, I will respect your opinion. Its obvious, however, that you do not. Your statement of the SC430 being an overpriced pile of shit proves this. Overpriced to YOU, perhaps. Pile of shit ? Because the car doesnt run sub 14 second quarters ? Is that the basis for your statement ?

Be careful, your I.Q. is starting to show.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
all i said was that i had one. i didnt say that mine was fast, i just said i had one. i would take a lexus over a nissan anyday. then i would sell it and get 2 vr-4's or 1 really modded one.

·
Hellfire Master
2,666 Posts
Be smart. Screw the lexus. Screw the altima. Buy a VR4 or a TT for a maximum of what, let's just say $30k for shits and giggles. Then use the remaining $40k for mad mods. Duh, c'mon people get with the friggin program here. Throw me a frickin' bone.

devilmanVISA

·
aint scared of no snake
259 Posts
dont diss lexus, my brother inlaw had one , (i belive it was) a 91 ls 400. that thing had around 180,000 + miles, and he would take my rt stealth which was almost new at the time. Not that i hate altimas or any thing but the older ones were not that impresive i owned one also, now tha new ones are a different story. I wouldnt mind having one.
like 38 Cigarette was saying they are very dependable. they also are cheaper in price than the s500/600, or bmw like. Trust me i never really thought much of them antil i drove in them and seen what they offer and give. Go down to your local dealer and see for your self you wont be dissapointed.
hey 38 Cigarette what does the L tuned mean on your gs 400? who does that and how much was it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts