Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDITED: More pics and extra history about the car...

Hi, for sale is my 1996 Mitsubishi GTO MR - 140K miles/kilometers and it's based in the UK since 2004.

US/CAN/Australia buyers welcome, I can assist with shipping/transport quotes.

13T car with all the supporting fuel mods (850 cc injectors, AEM FPR, 270 LPH Supra/Denso pump, Hotwire etc).
Jester Chrome ECU + GM MAFT setup
Re-built engine with Weisco forged pistons and new OEM crank supplied by Evil empire performance. It was assembled by the only good engine workshop left in the South of the UK.

The above engine and turbo combo has clocked 10K-12K miles, mainly cruising miles and it has never been dragged raced since I owned it. I had this car since 2020 and spent several weeks during the lockdowns fixing various little bits and tuning the Chrome ECU. Regular oil changes using Fuch Titan 10w50 Pro every 4K-5K miles.

The previous owner was on his late 60's, he put it on a dyno with these 13Ts and got 430 BHP (Flywheel HP) at around 15 lbs boost on the old MAF-PRO setup. I have replaced this with my Jester Chrome ECU and MAF-T and is running far better at 16 lbs or so.

Other mods/goodies include:

New starter, OEM coil packs, aux belt, idler pulley, etc
Recent transmission oil change to Valvoline Max Life GL-4 75W90
FMIC kit
AEM Wideband & Boost gauges
MBC (wiring harness into the ECU for aftermarket boost solenoid is also there if you want to fit it)
Recirc Turbosmart BOV
Front K-Sport Big Brake Kit with metallic pads
6 puck clutch (not too heavy)
Genuine OZ Ultraleggera rims 18x9
Tein HA Coilovers
Full exhaust and 200 cell cat
Lots of previous owner & JDM history / paperwork!

Not so good bits:

Reverse gear can grind when cold.
There is a paint scuff on the passenger side front wing (I will likely get this repaired by the time it sells, but price can be negotiated)
Air Con does not work (I tried to re-gas) so its likely the condensers need replacing.
A bit of boost pulsation at low/mid RPMs (common with FMIC and uprated turbos) - you can see I put a balance tube in the engine bay pic to help reduce it!
Machine gun door lock issue.

Overall its a really good "get in and drive" example. Bodywork is straight and original except the hood was re-painted 3 years ago before I took delivery of the car. The underbody is not undercoated, so it shows some surface weathering. Some age related marks and scuffs inside and out are expected for a car this age.

Car drives very well, starts up first time with strong oil pressure. Gets 22-25 MPG in open loop mode when cruising. WOT runs will see high 10 to low 11:1 AFRs with a safe tune on pump 93 type gas at 16 psi boost. You all (USA owners) seem to have better access to race gas and/or E85 so you can get this car to run 25+ PSI easily. A few weekends on fixing up the above things to make it even better or even a daily driver!

$12000 USD + Ship / Best offers considered.

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got any pics of the BBK? are they AP?
Sorry not at present, they are K-sport 350mm discs and uprated calipers. They do squeel when warm to be honest, but stop very well

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got any pics of the BBK? are they AP?
Apologies for the grubby wheels, the car was being worked on before I collected it back on 2020.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts