Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who'd win: 96 Base vs. 99 Mirage?

I'm talking to a guy on the Mirage board, who says a race between my car and his would be a toss-up, meaning the better driver would win, the race wouldn't really be up to the car. He's got intake, exhaust, throttle body, headwork (I think p&p), and his mods seem to be legit, not rice-work, e.g. he's got a true 2.25" exhaust from the cat-back. It's a 99 Mirage with the 1.8 liter engine and 5-speed tranny. His car weighs 2500 lbs. I think he pulled a 17 something on the track. He hasn't dynoed but estimates 155 hp at the crank.

Mine's is stock, not even a drop-in air filter.

Whaddaya guys think?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He keeps telling me how his all-motor Mirage would not only keep up but win if I fucked up just a little bit. I'm, like, dude, I haven't met a non-engine-swap Mirage I haven't been able to beat yet, I don't car what you've done to the engine. He feeds me back the whole horsepower-to-weight ratio crap.

Evolutions are fast, not the POSs we get in the States. He doesn't have an Evo. I have more horsepower stock than he could conceivable make that little engine churn out without some sort of forced induction or some MAJOR internal work.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mirage != EVO
actually Mirage is much less than EVO VI or VII in performance

he is probably thinking that those two are the same :D

the mods that you listed for his Mirage didn't really increase HP by much i believed.

i had somce chances to drive the Mirage (4 door or coupe) and believe me that car is powerless compare to yours.

Daniel

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
LMAO...you would wipe the pavement with him...and then kick his bumper in...HEHE:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts