Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just taken custody of the family's '95 Stealth R/T Turbo. Dad took great care of it and left it completely unaltered. At just 23k miles, most of the work is still preventive maintenance. The forum looks like a great resource and I'm excited to learn from your experiences.

Speaking of which, if there is anyone out there who can guide me to a mechanic in the Pittsburgh area with experience on this platform, I'd be grateful.

·
Super Moderator
21,468 Posts
Wow gorgeous car and welcome to the forum!

I don't know of anyone in Western PA / Ohio but hopefully some folks can reply and point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow gorgeous car and welcome to the forum!

I don't know of anyone in Western PA / Ohio but hopefully some folks can reply and point you in the right direction.
Thank you for the welcome and the compliment on the car! I'm looking forward to putting the wench time into it, but want someone better than me to change out that timing belt so I'm hoping the forum members have some direction for me.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome aboard! That's a beautiful car you have there, the 95 always looked incredible and that one looks like it's in terrific shape.

Not sure how useful it will be for current recommendations but you might find some leads and Pittsburgh members by using the Search function. I know there are some folks that aren't as active as they used to be so that might be a good starting point.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,877 Posts
Welcome and beautiful Stealth!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome aboard! That's a beautiful car you have there, the 95 always looked incredible and that one looks like it's in terrific shape.

Not sure how useful it will be for current recommendations but you might find some leads and Pittsburgh members by using the Search function. I know there are some folks that aren't as active as they used to be so that might be a good starting point.
Thanks! I'll definitely give the search function a try. And thank you for the compliment. I'm partial, but it is my favorite.

·
Lovbyts
3,772 Posts
Even though it only has 23,000 miles if the timing belt has not been done "STRONGLY Recommended every 60,000 miles" it should be done due to age. The belts can/do get old and brittle.

Make sure whoever you use they are reputable and have experience with these cars because they are easy to screw up. If you decide to use a dealership DONT take it to a Dodge dealer, they dont know anything about our cars, it's a Mitsubishi...

BTW and as others have said, Beautiful car and IMO even though I have made a lot of midification to my car please follow suit of your dad and keep it stock, no modifications.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts