Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

121 - 122 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Never Give up. Full disclosure, my used tire wore out on the outside. The link shook loose, I just noticed yesterday when I was putting on new tires. To be fair, I never had my car aligned so possibly It was just an alignment issue. The dimensions were correct on three of the four mounting points and I had to swap out the 3 bolt bracket from the 3000gt. The trouble was with the small welded bracket where the sway bar link attaches. That was not close enough to make it work without welding something and I never found a decent sway bar link replacement..

The good news is that I finally found a replacement that some official sources say will work. The 92 Diamante seems to be a match MB698888. When you look for the Diamante on Car-part.com the junk yard part site it pulls up 3000gt parts and Diamante parts. When you look at the lower control arm up on Rock Auto for a Diamante it appears to have the same welded bracket as ours unlike the Sonata. The price is 47.22 on amazon Amazon.com: Dorman 522-942 Front Right Lower Suspension Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly for Select Mitsubishi Diamante Models: Automotive
Looked it up in CAPS and the control arm part PNC number for both cars is the same (40320R) The big bushing has the same number(40399), but the ball joint is not matching. Still could be 100% match since the Sonata was not a direct ball joint match. I will try this next time I need a control arm.

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR4
2,141 Posts
40320AR is just the Mitsu part catalog number for a front right lower control arm. It cannot be used to determine if another Mitsu lower control arm will possibly fit. For example, the Montero and Eclipse both use that same number for a lower control arm but both are obviously drastically different and have no chance of bolting onto a 3S chassis. That said, the Diamante is likely very close as the chassis is very similar. However the only way to know how close is to actually buy one and compare.

121 - 122 of 122 Posts