Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a completely stock pearl yellow vr4 with 48K miles.
It's in excellent condition inside and out - in fact people who
can't recognize the different model years, or don't know the
car is not sold anymore think it's brand new.
It's always garaged (except when I'm at work :eek:) and has never seen winter. I even try to avoid driving it in the rain.

It's been meticulously maintained with synthetic oil
changes every 3K miles.
Plus, I just had the plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, all
drivetrain fluids, and coolant changed 300 miles ago.
It has brand new Yokohama AVS db tires (less than 1000
miles) and had a 4-wheel alignment done when the tires
were installed. The battery died last week, so it has a new 60
month Mitsu battery too. Altogether, the above maintenance
items cost me $1800.

It has an extended, transferable warranty that's good until
2002 July or 80K miles. The warranty is bumper-to-bumper and
covers everything except wear & tear and maintenance items.
It's hard to find anything wrong with the car, but here are some
of the usual things people would want to know:
The chrome wheels have soom minor flaking, but can't be noticed
until seen from very close. There is a small scratch next to the wheel well from me scraping it against the garage wall. The body
shop wanted $150 to fix it, but I don't think it's worth the trouble
to do it - especially risking somebody at the body shop taking it
out for a spin. And it isn't really that noticable.
Active aero works perfectly. Active exhaust is stuck in the sport mode.

I'm selling it because I'm finally yielding to the pressure from my
girl-friend to sell one of my cars. It hogs our 1-car garage during winter. It's time to think mini-vans and 4-door sedans, I guess :mad: .

The price I'm asking is $19,500. - don't laugh it's really that good.
I'll post pics tonight.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I not trying to laugh or make anyone else to laugh but I think you will keep the car for awhile with that price I think...
Don't you think it's little high even though it was maintained??
I am not sure...Sorry if i offended you...Don't mean it that way...

·
Registered
281 Posts
no offense

No offense but if someone is gonna pay $19,500 for his car than damn...come check out my car first (in my sig). Its for sale. I do think its going to be hard to sell for $19,500, but thats just my opinion. Good luck though.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, no offense taken guys! Guess, deep down, I just don't wanna get rid of it!

·
Registered
832 Posts
if push comes to shove I'll give you very close to blue book

·
Registered
832 Posts
unvme9180- Dude, you have a very beautiful car. I know they are the EXACT same cars, but I'm still a 3000gt guy. In fact, I little different than most people, I like the 99 styling the most of course, but then I like the 1G's over 2G's, whereas most people are opposite. Sorry man, I'm sure your car will sell in little to no time.

·
Registered
281 Posts
umm hmm....

Joe-
Ummm Hmmm....I see how it is. Whys it gotta be a Mitsu thing
LOL (j/k). Thanks for commenting on my car. I hope I do sell it soon so I can stop trying to push it off to everyone else.:D :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fine car indeed.

I don't know if anyone saw a similar car that was on sale by a Mitsu dealer guy not too long ago. (watertown MA)

94 Peral Yellow VR-4 with 32K on it. It was sold at $18k. (from that dealer that is)

I almost wanted to buy it but knowing what the trade in value was for that car, I couldn't convince myself to pay the asking price from the dealer.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw the other pearl yellow vr4 too at Peter Fuller Mitsu. It was a very nice car, but mine is actually in better condition (even with higher miles). The seats look newer on my mine. Other differences include mine having brand new tires and the extended warranty. BTW, the warranty covers even things like AWS, ECS etc. I didn't drive that vehicle, so I can't comment on other things.

The KBB value for my car was 15,500 (private party) and 18,??? (retail). I'm definately looking to be close to retail, given the money I've spent on upkeep recently.

Maybe there's someone out there to whom it's worth the price, or maybe not. In either case, no biggie.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
832 Posts
like I said, if push comes to shove, I would buy it and give you around blue book for it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm selling it because I'm finally yielding to the pressure from my girlfriend.

I can't believe you posted that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would kill my gf if she even tempted at the idea of trying to get me to sell my 3000. So are you head over heals, or is it worse(wipped)???? I'm just curious.

·
Registered
91 Posts
pearl yellow TT

I remember right after I bought my Stealth the local Lexus stealership in Des Moines got a '95 Pearl Yellow TT w/ 19k miles on a trade in. Yeah, and it sold for around $20k. Pretty weird.

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
unvme9180, if you want to sell your car, start your own thread about selling it. It's just rude to post in someone else's FS thread trying to sell your own car.

·
Registered
281 Posts
whatevrmn

unvme9180, if you want to sell your car, start your own thread about selling it. It's just rude to post in someone else's FS thread trying to sell your own car.
I have my own thread started. It wasnt intended to be rude. Its intended to sell my car. If someone is going to buy this guys car than it doesnt matter if I make 1 or 100 posts about my car. I just wanted to give the option to someone who is looking in the same direction of my car. Point is, if he wants my car he will buy it, if he wants the VR4 he will buy it. So with all due respect, get your facts straight before you say something.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: I'm selling it because I'm finally yielding to the pressure from my girlfriend.

Wilson said:
I can't believe you posted that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would kill my gf if she even tempted at the idea of trying to get me to sell my 3000. So are you head over heals, or is it worse(wipped)???? I'm just curious.

I'm whipped - I admit it! After valiant attempts to stand my own, I just gave in....

·
Registered
91 Posts
tru dat

yeah, that guy tried telling me that too, that it was "rude" to post on someone else's thread. I wanna know where the list of manners is posted on here. I'd like to check them out;)

·
Registered
832 Posts
i believe its rude to completely change the topic in someone elses thread, but he was simply directing my attention towards another available car. Theres nothing wrong with that.

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Boy!

If this car sells, I KNOW I made a good investment :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts