Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a nice Japanese sports car under $15K. Currently considering the 300ZX and the 3000GT.

I read some other posts by guys wanting/looking to by 3000GTs and have somewhat different questions.

Mainly, I need a car that will last me without major repairs for about 2 years. Should I rule out any high-mileage turbo's then? I will be replacing a '90 535i that has 155K on it. The repairs are coming hard and fast and I just dont want to deal with it anymore.

There is a guy close to my house selling a '94 3000GT VR4 with 72K on it. Original owner, car seems well care for. asking for $13K. Does that seems pretty reasonable?

Also, does anyone know a couple of good independent Mitsubishi Shops around Atlanta where I could get the car looked at?

Finally, why would you guys pick a 3000GT over a 300ZX Twin Turbo? Please feel free to include personal reasons as well. I have litttle experience with Japanese sports cars and would like to learn as much as possible.

TIA

BG

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
that deal on the 94 VR4 sounds real sweet! As long as its in good mechanical condition i would go after that car!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Both are fantastic cars but if the 3000GT is a 8 out of 10, than the Nissan would be a 7.5.

·
pseudo individualism
2,490 Posts
ugg 300zx

Dont get the 300zx, buddy of mine had one. Crapola I tell you! thing ran a 14.1 STOCK! not only that but the mods are way over priced. The car weight is 3,5XX, my 93 VR4 was 3,6XX with no spare and a half tank. They dont handle very well either.

Handle's bad
Bad stopping power
Slow stock
Over priced mods
such a pain to work on (seemed like we were always do something to it)
leaky T tops
weighs to much for what you get
The HICAS system is a joke
VG30 motor is kinda lame for big power

I have nothing against Nissan, I own a J-spec 180sx (SR20DET, not the SR18) :D
My buddy who had the 300zx brother lives over in Japan. He says you never see or hear of the fairladies. Id go with the VR4

Almost forgot. Most the owners ive met are total morons when it comes to cars. At the 240sx Kansas City meet. Most the 300zx guys were telling me that their cars are better then skylines, and that the zx was the only "true japan supercar." I then whooped their ass at KCIR drag strip. :whip:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Re: ugg 300zx

jtvr4 said:

Handle's bad
Bad stopping power
Slow stock
Over priced mods
such a pain to work on (seemed like we were always do something to it)
leaky T tops
weighs to much for what you get
The HICAS system is a joke
VG30 motor is kinda lame for big power

complete and honest truth there. Plus if you look at the body of the VR4 it will look badass always and the 300zx just doesn't measure up. Also this site is about 3000gt and stealths not 300zx so there is a problem there. I believe the choice is easy IMHO.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My Boss has a white '92 300Z TT with 118,000 miles once he hit around 98,000miles everything started to fall apart. First the clutch, than the computer( it wouldn't stay idleing right, and stalled at every stop light). Then the turbos after getting the new computer. I say stay away unless you are prepaired to dump some cash just to get it around town!!!

Find a VR-4!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.