Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!

I am putting my car up for sale, but I will admit, I am not in dire need of selling it. If it doesn't sell by the end of April, I will probably take it off the market (registration and insurance renews at the end of the month). The car runs as well as my daily driver. I have had it since 4/2013. It is very fun to drive and my realized dream car since high school. The maintenance on it has been very low.

The car is a 5 speed manual with ~149,500 miles. I am about 15 minutes north of Richmond, Virginia.

Asking for $4100 with the amp and sub woofers or $4000 without them. I will admit, I had a hard time finding a price point, so this is what I came up with based on other similar sales I could find.

Here is what I have done since I purchased it:

Clutch kit: October 2014 (thought I had a bad bearing in the transmission, turns out I had a bad transmission. I did buy the car knowing I had this problem to resolve.)
Replacement transmission (including a bench test at a local Transmission shop): February 2015
Fuel Filter: November 2015
Tie rod end: March 2016
Sending unit fuel line kit (to replace the short hose from the sending unit to near the passenger side rear tire fuel line with a metal braided hose): April 2016
Timing Belt, Tensioner, Water Pump, and Idler Pulley: March 2017 (this was preventive, not reactive)
Alternator: June 2017
Battery: August 2020
Fuel Pump and Strainer: February 2021 (thought a breakdown was fuel pump related)
Crankshaft Position Sensor: March 2021 (turns out my breakdown was this sensor malfunctioning)

As you can see, other than regular maintenance, this car has had minimal issues.

The good:
Clean title
Runs great (in my opinion)
Sounds great (in my opinion)
Idles around 1000 rpm
Does not leak oil/coolant/fuel/other fluids
Low maintenance costs
Other than the stereo, subwoofers, and Sirius mount (which is the cord on the passenger side floor in the picture), as far as I know this is a very retro stock car with very few modifications
Power antenna works and retracts (seems like functionality that gets mentioned in some other listing...maybe something a purist will like)

The needs improvement:
Clear coat is pealing towards the rear of the car
Paint is "breaking down" on two spots of the hood
There is a dent in the driver side fender
2 years ago I had to recharge the A/C using the recharge bottle from Advance Auto
The button in the door jam that controls the cabin lights when the driver side door is open is temperamental. It needs a little nudge sometimes.
I only have a key for the drive side door (yes, the passenger side and trunk locks are different and I do not have the key)
There is a broken bolt on the gas tank for the tank sending unit. This has not caused me problems, but I wanted to mention it. I did buy a new seal for the sending unit in November 2015.
There are some scratches on the hood
Check engine light was on in August 2017 (Code 43: EGR Temp Sensor). Last time I checked for codes it was for the crankshaft position sensor that needed to be replaced. The light is currently off. I cannot make any long term claims, but the technician that ran the code told me the car ran great and he didn't recommend replacing the temperature sensor.

It is about due for an oil change and I plan to do this in the next week or so. I took the trunk bins, trunk carpet, and spare tire out, but I have them all on hand.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is the top part a wrap or actually painted? This is exactly what I'm looking for
That is a custom paint job...not a wrap. Please note the paint flaws I mentioned in the post.

Let me know if you want to check it out. My wife requires one more date night drive in case it sells before the end of the month :).

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is a custom paint job...not a wrap. Please note the paint flaws I mentioned in the post.

Let me know if you want to check it out. My wife requires one more date night drive in case it sells before the end of the month :).

Unfortunate on the paint. Do you have the stock radio? I'm about 9 hours away from Richmond, so I would have to fly my assistant out to get it (he has POA for me) or have it shipped. I would like to see a live stream of it turning on and a walk around if possible. Can I PM you my number?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Not that it's a bad paint job! I'm just looking for everything to be stock.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course; send me your number. I am cash only and during bank hours in order to avoid scammers.

In 2014 or 2015, I drove it from Virginia to western PA (about 7 hours) and back. For no particular reason (other than having kids), it has been a local driver since.

I forgot to mention it has been garage kept since I bought it in 2013. COVID has made us reevaluate how many cars we need. We decided to try to sell this car to put our daily drivers in the garage. That is why I am in no dire need to sell. We love the car...we just don't NEED a third/backup car anymore.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunate on the paint. Do you have the stock radio? I'm about 9 hours away from Richmond, so I would have to fly my assistant out to get it (he has POA for me) or have it shipped. I would like to see a live stream of it turning on and a walk around if possible. Can I PM you my number?
Unfortunately, I do not have the stock radio (I wish I did). Other than that, it is stock and part of why I like it so much! I still have the transmission I removed from it in case a buyer would want it. I have some other random parts that I will include with the car (things like an additional wiper for the rear blade, a new gasket for part of the driver side door jam, a performance air filter that I tried but decided to go back to the original, a wind shield washer fluid pump, and some other things).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts