Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Member #140 Aug, 1998
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Final TTT before it goes in the paper or on E-Bay.
Just turned 100k and just had a 60k tune less than 10 miles ago. (Timing Belt, tensioner, idler pulleys and Water Pump)
No tranny problems, in fact no problems at all,, runs out great.
Stock configuration, no mods. Too good to pass up, but I can't wait around forever for you guys to make up your mind who have been looking for a good one. Make me an offer if you think my previous $11k was too much for a 93 that needs no work with a fresh 60k tune. I also just installed a new Antenna Mast. Has a moon roof and a 6 disk CD Changer, Intrax springs, good tires.

Photo's and video

Carfax

·
FSR
1,228 Posts
Man, i was finally getting your Stealth out of my head, and now you gotta go and remind me about it!

I REALLY want your car!! I need to sell my Thunderbird before i can buy it though. ARGH!

im going to post an ad saying that I need to sell it by Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Nice looking TT...

How is the condition of the body??? Any scratches/dents/dings??? It is a little hard to tell from the pics with some the of camera flashes:D ...

Looks good though...;)

·
Member #140 Aug, 1998
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Re: Nice looking TT...

Corwin said:
How is the condition of the body??? Any scratches/dents/dings??? It is a little hard to tell from the pics with some the of camera flashes:D ...

Looks good though...;)
Well, overall paint is very good to excellent. There are three little paint chips on the hood about 1/8" diameter, but not real noticable and only a paint chip, not a dent. The metal below is not only still protected, but the body doesn't have any rust anywhere. There is one little ding in the rear bumper below the right turn signal and one on the front bumper on the lower right which is noticeable when you really look. They could be easily fixed. No dents or scratches in the body. Just your usual road chips in the hood. Aside from the three 1/8th" diameter ones there might be 10 others that are about the size of a straight pin head.

BTW Corwin, I see you sold your SL. Being a former Vette guy myself I could never understand why you bought an SL when you could have a Vette eating RT TT or VR4. 500 hp + and 26 mpg, doesn't get any better than that. Of course my Vettes were just trophies, not drivers. 60's series. Check out the shots in my web site under other cars. A 67 and a 63 Convert

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Thanks for the detailed descriptions...

Your are asking $11K/OBO??? This is going to be my commuter car, so the dependability thing is a must. Also want to keep the price down as much as possible. The wife will keep her GAGT, the Explorer for the dogs/groceries, R/T TT commuter/toy, and the Vette will be for special events/nice days. May have to wait a bit for the Vette, like this late summer do to the new house and the wife's "house mod" occurances every week :)...

Looking at a 1999-2000 C5, no way would I buy a new one and lose close to $20K in a year or two on it...

My whole family has Vette's, they have since the 60's too. Some are street legal, most not, we raced for a few years in the TRANS AM Series but it got so expensive without a sponsor. So now we just stick to the weekend track scene...

My wife flys in tomorrow from VA, grandmother's funeral:( , and then I can really get serious about finding one...

Still testing the waters to see what is out there, and yours looks pretty good, nice color:cool: !!!

We will see/I will let you know...:cool:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
WOW, you have a dealership in your driveway...

You have a ton of cars, my wife would kill me if I had that may toys...:p

Nice Vettes, they look mint...:cool:

O'yeah, I sold my SL back in December. I bought that in 1999 when I was still in college, otherwise I would of bought a VR4/R/T TT but being 22, paying car payments and insurance on one of those was not in my college budget...:(

Plus ROTC, 24 credit hours, I could only work so often. Had to pay for college all on my own, it sucked...:p :D

But now at 25, I can get what I want to add to my new garage...:D

·
Member #140 Aug, 1998
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the Vettes are gone for a few years now. I have 3 DSM's the two in my sig and the 93 Stealth I am selling. Right now I have 4 vehicles myself and the wife has one, daughter one and son one, so there are 8 vehicles here. The three sports cars are garaged, but my Quad cab which is my daily driver sits outside and I want to get it inside for the winter. The 93 and my 94 are in the heated basement and my poor 91 is out on the cold garage. I want to move her downstairs.
It sounds like you want the best of both worlds. If you want the Stealth for a daily driver and keep it as a daily driver, you will have very little trouble with her. When you start boosting, throwing in mods and still wish to use it daily, that is where you will start runing into problems.
You can't race a car and also expect to keep it for a daily driver. Doesn't matter what kind of car you drive. The difference between these cars and Vettes is that these cars you can modify conservatively to around 500 hp and still get 26 mpg highway driving conservatively and not getting on it. Use the mods all the time, drive like a nut and expect failures. The same is true for a Vette except the cost to get to 500HP and also the mpg will kill you at that hp at less than half of what the Stealth will get.
Your family is a Vette family maybe but when you can show them you can beat them in acceleration and still get fantastic fuel mileage, they might convert, haha. There might be a die hard American loyalty there but there is with me also. I would never buy new Foreign. Just used. Let me know if you are interested. Like I said though, this will only last about a week here before it goes to E-bay where I will raise the reserve to cover E-bay's fees. Odds are very good if anyone is buying anything this time of year, it should sell for the 11k reserve in "buy it now" if a 92 with the same mileage just went for $10,500 in worse shape.

·
Member #140 Aug, 1998
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Frestylereactio said:
not anything wrong with the car .. .but the carfax is stupid... it says "Year/Make/Model: 1993 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo" but then says "Engine: 2.5L SMPI SOHC 8V"....theyre a little confused
That is what it says for all of them. Both my other two came back the same way and others have also mentioned it. Must be a generic entry mistyped in their database for all the Stealths and VR4's.

Eric: I will give it till the end of next week or in other words till the end of the month. I'd like to get this all done before Xmas / New Year. I am also willing to work with someone on delivery. I will deliver after purchase if the buyer takes out insurance and rents a truck for the one way trip return from wherever, so I don't have to go through the hassles of picking up a vehicle from somewhere. Point of origin to Knoxville Airport. Budget usually has compact trucks like Rangers or S-10's for pretty cheap one way. Don't matter to me if it is a Yugo as long as it will take me back home. That way the car is safer than hiring a transport company and way way cheaper, unless you wish to hire a transport, that would be fine too. I have dealt with transports from Dallas to here and from here to Michigan and both worked out fine. Took 4 days from Dallas to here though. 1 day to Michigan. I could also rent a full bed trailer one way and use my truck, but I beleive that would cost more than renting a one way vehicle. Either way, I will work with you. Not sure about CA though, that's a long trip. I could always combine it with a visit to my sister in Tucson and brother in San Fran, but still indecisive on that.

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
Is it a 93.5? (larger brakes and 4 bolt main?) If so, would you have any interest in a trade plus cash? I just got a black 91 rt/tt with 90k, but really wanted a 93 and up w/ sunroof and 4 bolt main. I am not in a hurry to upgrade as I am enjoying mine as it is but if you have any interest let me know. Its all stock and the 60k service was performed 20k ago. Clean carfax, red leather, everything works great. Original tranny just now starting to get notchy. All new synthetic fluids.
Like I said, I'm not in a hurry to upgrade but if the right car comes along I would certainly think about it.
Thanks,
Clayton Jones :)
[email protected]

I might be headed your way the first of the year so I could come get it and drive it home.:cool:

·
Member #140 Aug, 1998
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jandoaudio said:
Is it a 93.5? (larger brakes and 4 bolt main?) If so, would you have any interest in a trade plus cash? I just got a black 91 rt/tt with 90k, but really wanted a 93 and up w/ sunroof and 4 bolt main. I am not in a hurry to upgrade as I am enjoying mine as it is but if you have any interest let me know. Its all stock and the 60k service was performed 20k ago. Clean carfax, red leather, everything works great. Original tranny just now starting to get notchy. All new synthetic fluids.
Like I said, I'm not in a hurry to upgrade but if the right car comes along I would certainly think about it.
Thanks,
Clayton Jones :)
[email protected]

I might be headed your way the first of the year so I could come get it and drive it home.:cool:
I already have a really primo 91 VR4 and also a 94 RT/TT (my sig photo) so I am not looking for more cars. I am looking to reduce by one. Sunroof is nice, doesn't really matter to me. 4 bolt main doesn't matter because the 2 bolt main is just as strong as the 4 and can handle just as much HP and I don't know if it's 2 or 4. Your notchyness might be from the synthetic fluids. Thanks for the reply, but I would not be interested in any trades unless Matt wants to trade me his Viper,, hehe.

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
John,
I think if you can post the build date of the car. That might help for ppl to at least determine if it was a 4-bolt main or not. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.