Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally get something worth racing & posting about but lost. I was at a local car club picnic last Saturday with mostly Typhoons, Syclones, Mustang Cobras, & a couple Ram Air Trans Ams. This guy wanted to race me in his Typhoon. I was like finally. We go to a rural back road down the street from where we were picnicing. On my way to the race spot, I noticed the car felt slightly sluggish & if I didn't know any better, it sounded like I had a boost leak. This Ty has an upgraded turbo & running a alcohol injected fuel system. We line up, flager does the 3 finger & drop arms start signal but the Ty took off early so that race was a no go. The second round, I reved up tp to 4500 RPM but rode the clutch out easy off the line. I got beat by about 4-5 car lenghts. We came back to the picnic area & I told one of my 3SI buddies that was there to drive my car & tell me what he thinks. He drove it, came back & said hell yeah you got a boost leak somewhere. We checked the engine bay & found that the intercooling pipe going to the back turbo had that bolt missing on the flange (where they connect). You could practicaly pull the pipe away from the turbo with your hands. I showed this to the guy I raced so that he knew I wasn't just making an excuse for losing. We went to my buddy's house to find a bolt to fix the problem. We got back to the picnic but then the Ty wasn't runnin worth shit. So I was nevertheless stripped of my chance to redeem myself & represent for 3SI. DAMN IT.:confused::rolleyes:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sorry to know that

Ruff Rider:
How is your car now??
i thought you said you needed to change plugs and you wanted to wait until next year right??
can you tell me what the symptom is when boost leaking??

keep in touch all right?

Daniel

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car runs like a beast from hell on steroids NOW. Too bad I didn't check to make sure of that before I raced him:rolleyes:. A boost leak will sound like a suction noise, like a vacuum cleaner almost. At first I thought it was the turbo "spooling sound" but there was more to it than that. It sounds more like air seeping out of a tire when the engine is accelerating.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
I beat a stock Typhoon. His best time is a tenth faster than mine, but I beat him when we ran.

·
Registered
173 Posts
thank you RUFF RIDER for teaching me that
how's going over there?

i had a chance to played with a very beautiful supra TT from 30mph to 100. i could still hang with him so i was happy. that was the best one happened recently.

there was a 325is that wanted to run and i let him to go first for about a car length but i caught him immediately after my boost spool up. then at the next stop sign, he gave me a thumb but up-side-down. i was pissed. this is the worst one that also happened this friday night around China Town.

Daniel

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
I'm sure u'll get a chance to race him next time. Then show him what a VR4 can do:D. Too bad about the intercooler leaks, but now ur car is back to normal.

Black94VR4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.