Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was last Fri. and I was in Calgary (Alberta Canada..the LEFT side of Canada for the Americans...) Well calagary is a nice shade of brown right now due to dry weather so ANY color stands out...especially Torch Red Stealths and Canary Yellow Lamborghini's!!! So I drive like a maniac to get up next to this guy cause he was NOT on a Sunday cruise. I finally get up to him and we both drop down and punch it. It was such a rush. The only sucky thing was that the traffic was not sharing our excitement and grannys and dumbasses were cutting us off so we couln't really go straight for very long. But when we did...what a friggin RUSH!!! Thats the great thing about calgary...there is so much oil money around, but even the rich guys are red necks who drive their $$$$$$ cars like they should be driven.

ps-the Stealth did pretty good w/ the Lambo but lets be real...I would have had my ass handed to me if we had open road.:)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Sceptor said:
he earned the right to hand you his ass
Ummm! you mean, "he earned the right to hand you YOUR ass"....:p

Davin2424, nice attempt at keeping your ass intact!:D

·
Registered
476 Posts
$260k for a countach?!?! not likely. more like $70k.

·
VT Hokie Fan
2,371 Posts
Not quite

You'd have to be lucky as FUCK to find a good one for $70k, then don't forget the HUGE expense of owning ~ $8k for new clutch, plus a total rebuild every 36,000 miles.

Hey, what'd you expect for such extreme exotic machine from the late 1970s. As for getting your ass kicked, huh, the Countach's weren't geared for dragging... He should have run low LOW 13s, if not high 12s, but that's about it stock. Unless youy race him to top speed, a 2nd gen bpu should have put up one hell of a fight. I doubt a 1g would fare too much worse. I expect you would have kept up like you did, at least until 100 mph. :) Same with the Diablo's, VTs and SVs run high 12s ~ 6.0s run high 11s, and we thought our high -14 sec 'bases' were fast.. :D

Good job btw!

{fyi my boss spent months looking for one, but decided on F355 instead, due to insane repair prices...like any real exotic, the price tag itself has nothing to do with whether or not you can afford it. Also have a firend who is damn into Lambos, and actually owns a 69 carbed Miura!}

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
75K for a white Countach just a few blocks away so its not quite the price of a new Diablo. They're still damn expensive considering they are 25 years old. They are one hell of a cool looking car and once they are moving, they haul ass with the best. Win or lose it would be great to run with one of them.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hell, id be happy just to see one...best ive seen in maryland really is a classic ferrari, like the spyder. Oh wait nevermind I saw a really nice black convertable 2001 ferrari with some suit drivin it on rockville pike. First case of instant-blue balls ive ever had.

·
Registered
547 Posts
last time I looked at the numbers on a countach i was surprised. I remember this because a VR4 had better 0-60 and 1/4 times. Hey let's face it. It's a fast car but for its time, but it still takes a little time to get that V12 rolling. New lambos are a different breed.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Re: Not quite

Telionis-1 said:
You'd have to be lucky as FUCK to find a good one for $70k
i must be pretty lucky to find that while flipping through an old dupont registry, if it's not a 25th anniversary edition 'tach with 0 miles, it's around $70k or less. none of them were anywhere near $260k.

·
Registered
530 Posts
lambo

speaking of lambo's. on the way to school today, i noticed a beautiful lamborghini on the back of a truck in front of a local rim shop. i turned around and spoke with the truck driver. after reading the lisence plate which read "FLIP MODE" i knew whose it was. Turns out, it was in fact Busta Rhymes new 2001 Lamborghini Diablo 6.0. Fucking insane looking. He was having it dropped off at the shop which he apparetnly ownes. I wondered why there were so many pictures of famous people on the wall in that shop. Anyway, i want that car. lol

-vinny

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hey Vinny, what's up? Remember me? Yeah you do, from hofstra!!! Anyway, yeah Busta Rhymes ownes a 2002 Lamborghini 6.0 in bright orange, he bought it from Power Motors in Roslyn. He plans to put something like 19" Chromes on there and TV's and stuff, pretty cool. I saw him when he was pickin up the car for the first time

·
VT Hokie Fan
2,371 Posts
Hehe

Not quite... nothing comes close for less price; and I'm not just talking about straight line acceleration to 400m [besides, 11.7s, not bad].

·
Registered
727 Posts
sad people have that kind of money to spend with the economy the way it is :( People struggling to pay bills and busta rhymed gets a new lambo..oh ya...free country..heh. Dont get me started on bill gates :(

·
Registered
856 Posts
Re: Not quite

Telionis-1 said:
... and we thought our high -14 sec 'bases' were fast.. :D

Everythings relative. Trust me, the guy next to you at the light in the metro - lamborghini or no lamborghini, to him, your car is FASSSSSSSST!

.jon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts