Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
My dad and my brother both own a conquest (same as starion). I have a 93 sohc with cold air intake and muffler, and my dads car(an 88) is pushing 14psi (stock turbo), 3in exaust and free mods, and Im sure he would kill me, my brothers on the other hand(an 86), i know i have no chance. He has a 18G turbo not sure what psi he pushing b/c his gauge only reads up to 14psi, 3in exaust, and free mods(magna or A.I.C. intake coming soon, he will be around 300hp) I did hang with my brother (his car was running a little bad) from about 60-80mph, but after that I know he would kill me. If you do race your friend tell me what the outcome is.:dodge:

·
Cams: Where less is more
978 Posts
973000GTSL said:
What are the Free Mods? I want some
:D
i can tell you some ghetta mods if you want ;)

·
Hitokiri Battousai
8,545 Posts
Well, being an active StarQuest member, I can tell you this:

If he knows how to drive the car to it's limit, and the mods are done right, he might take you. I outran an '87 at the track a few months ago that had basic free mods (fuel cut mod, boost @10, 1G DSM MAS, and a few other things) with me having just an air filter and hard pipe for the intake. I was running 15.3's and he could only get a 15.5.

If he knows what he'd doing, though, he might get you. The StarQuest weighs just a hair over 3,000lbs (the heaviest one I know of is 3,100), and have great take off (200 ft/lbs + LSD RWD = great launching).

Just be careful, I don't want to have to defend the NA 3S over on the StarQuest boards again. Those guys are hard to shut up when they win. :)

·
Premium Member
6,400 Posts
I have heard of some guys hitting mid 14's on the stock turbo and fuel (this is very rare though). If he is running at stock boost then it should be close race, but i think that he will win, we have a torque curve thats as long and flat as the great plains. Stock and 88 has 188HP and 225 lb/ft of torque. With the free mods he could be pushing 225Hp and 250 lb/ft of torque with a good running car. My guess is that he has 215Hp and 235lb/ft of torque.

The Starion really shines from a roll because of the goobs of power in the mid-range.

I love the free mods heres a link to a page that has most of the free stuff that you can do to a Starion
http://63.251.78.219/starquest mods/starquest_free_mods.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.