Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Street Master
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What issues will I run into doing this swap? I want a datalogger damnit.

My understanding is that the 93 engine is the same as a 94 but they have a dif sensor for the crank or cam sensor. If this is the case wouldn't I just need to put that dif sensor in and call it good?

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
On the 91-early 93 cars, the crank angle sensor was located on the rear intake cam in front of the throttle position sensor. On late 93+ cars the sensor was moved down to the block.

If you get yourself a 91-92 crank angle sensor and mount it to your intake cam, I don't see there being any problems at all.

This is just in theory though. Other things may have changed, like if you have 4 02 sensors or 2 and so forth.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
zizux said:
What issues will I run into doing this swap? I want a datalogger damnit.

My understanding is that the 93 engine is the same as a 94 but they have a dif sensor for the crank or cam sensor. If this is the case wouldn't I just need to put that dif sensor in and call it good?
There's more to it than that. 94s and 95's (possibly till 97) use 4 plugs to the ECU. 91s through 93s use 3 plugs. I'd type more, but I'm a lousy and slow typist. Run a search. It's been discussed before. A swap has been done at least once before, but with swaping out the older (93 )wiriing harness as well.

Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.