Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Best Mod Ever
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

We are selling a 1993 Black on Tan VR4.
The car is in very good condition with only 84k miles!
The car was purchased in Feb 2002, and only 10k miles have been put on since then.

The Active Aero front and rear spoilers work, however the active aero exhaust does not.

The tan interior is from a 1997 VR4, and is in very good condition.

The mods are:
K&N
Test Pipe
RFL BOV
Magnecor Wires and NGK Platinum plugs
DNP Y-Pipe
PowerSlot cross-drilled rotors
MetalMaster semi-metalic brake pads
Blacked out turn signals.

Tranny replaced at 60k miles with stock 5sp getrag, and 60k done at 60k.

4 new Kumhos Ecstas with less than 3k miles

The ECU capacitors were replaced 10/2002.

Few things working on to be fixed:
Cracked Dash Vents
1 fog light bulb is blown
some minor hoses in engine bay should be replaced
needs stereo rewired, have the amp and harnesses from a 95 stereo
interior door panels have a bubble in them

here's a link to a BIG pic
http://www.addictiveperformance.com/images/93vr4.jpg

Asking price is $9500

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
i am interested. Where in VA are you located? When is a good time to see the car? How many owners? Negotiable? Any other pics ([email protected])? Do you have the stock cat (emissions suck in MD :rolleyes: )? By working on to be fixed, does that mean you will be fixing or is it up to the buyer? Thanks!

·
Mr. Self Destruct
417 Posts
I'm in the process of fixing some things on the car now, but I've been pretty busy so it's been on the back burner. I'd consider a lower offer if the buyer was interested in fixing things himself.

I do have the stock cat, unfortunately the bolts were heatwelded on and the muffler shop cut the cat off, past the flanges, in order for it to weld the straight pipe. However, I think the stock cat could be welded back on, as it was taken off in one piece.

The car is actually registered and tagged in MD now, and it passed emissions last year (with the cat). I am either the 2nd or 3rd owner. I'm pretty sure I have a carfax laying around at home, from when I bought it.

The car is in Fairfax right now, but I visit MD on the weekends and could probably workout a place to meet if that was more convenient.

Jacob

·
Registered
49 Posts
You need a more current picture with the blacked out fog lights. It looks even better now. I still don't think you should sell it.

·
Mr. Self Destruct
417 Posts
More Pictures

More pictures of the car from last year, in OC.

This is before I painted the gray strip on the front bumper and darkened the eyelids and side markers.

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

I'll take a couple recent pictures of the car if interested.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
gambino said:
I'm in the process of fixing some things on the car now, but I've been pretty busy so it's been on the back burner. I'd consider a lower offer if the buyer was interested in fixing things himself.

I do have the stock cat, unfortunately the bolts were heatwelded on and the muffler shop cut the cat off, past the flanges, in order for it to weld the straight pipe. However, I think the stock cat could be welded back on, as it was taken off in one piece.

The car is actually registered and tagged in MD now, and it passed emissions last year (with the cat). I am either the 2nd or 3rd owner. I'm pretty sure I have a carfax laying around at home, from when I bought it.

The car is in Fairfax right now, but I visit MD on the weekends and could probably workout a place to meet if that was more convenient.

Jacob
Thanks for the quick reply. Tagged and registered in MD, is it MD inspected as well (required for registration). I'm glad to see you have the stock cat, and the welding needed maybe a blessing in disguise... (i'm thinking custom exhaust time, lol). Actually, I wonder if I can get my hands on a hi-flow cat.... that may be a better alternative since the cat will be welded and not bolted back on. So there are a few things to just to be worked out, I am still pretty optimistic about this car :)

The hoses, I have no experience with so I would rather have you take care of that, but the rest (stereo, cat) I should be able to handle. The interior bubble is more of a problem with my father than myself (I can handle that, but he likes to nit-pick/lowball). Meeting up somewhere would be nice :) Price is what we will have to work on though. Basically, I can offer between $8-9000 on the car depending on condition, etc. $9000 is definately my max though, because it is all the money I have saved up in the last 3 years (well, mainly summers) and I have to pay for the car myself (better this way i guess, i will like it more and take alot better care of it. I am pretty meticulous when it comes to caring for things that I can really call my own). My parents are willing to handle registration fees and my first insurance payment (after that, its all up to me again :p ), so that is not a problem. It mainly just depends on what estimates I can find for the exhaust/cat situation. Thanks again, and let me know what you think :) I will forward this to my pops.

~Aamir Yousufzai

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Re: More Pictures

gambino said:
More pictures of the car from last year, in OC.

This is before I painted the gray strip on the front bumper and darkened the eyelids and side markers.

I'll take a couple recent pictures of the car if interested.
:eek: yes the car looks amazing! new pictures aren't really necessary, as long as you are willing to sell I am willing to see the car in person :)

·
Formerly Carnage VR4
5,285 Posts
Man, If I hadn't already found my baby I would have been all over this car. Looks great. Good luck selling. ;)

-Matt

·
I like turtles
3,862 Posts
ack, you shoulda waited about a month cuz then I will buy your car. If it is still for sale by then, I am all over it. Just gotta sell mine.

·
Mr. Self Destruct
417 Posts
Disciple said:

Tagged and registered in MD, is it MD inspected as well (required for registration).

Yes...the car was fully inspected and legal in MD until I gutted the cat. At the time of inspection it needed new rotors, so I bought the crossdrilled.

The hoses, I have no experience with so I would rather have you take care of that, but the rest (stereo, cat) I should be able to handle.

The hoses are my number 1 concern right now. As soon as I can find the part numbers I will replace them. ;) It's only a couple that have cracked, so they will need to be replaced, and it should be fairly easy.

Cefiro said:
Would you be willing to take $8,000 for it? If so I can be at your door this week with a check! :)
Hmm...thanks, but $8k is a little low...unless you have a hot sister/friend to give me too..that would sweeten the deal. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmm...thanks, but $8k is a little low...unless you have a hot sister/friend to give me too..that would sweeten the deal
Dang! I aint got a sister, I do have a brother if your interested! ;) I was doubting that you would take 8k, but it was worth a try!

·
Best Mod Ever
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ALSO: car also comes with 1997 tan leather interior door panels as an added bonus. These door panels are not bubbled, but do have aftermarket tweeters installed in them.

·
Mr. Self Destruct
417 Posts

·
Mr. Self Destruct
417 Posts

·
I like turtles
3,862 Posts
If you don't wait 1 month so I can get funds to buy this car I am going to kill myself. My life is in YOUR hands... LOL Black vr4.....ahhhhhhhhhhh. Ok, so I am dork, but if this car is not sold by then, I am all over it. And why did I say the same thing twice... oh well GL selling

1 - 20 of 47 Posts