Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Supreme creator of stuff
3,571 Posts
Its sad for sure...
I am perplexed by the position that a few of the members have come to accept based on prices.

...and lets get something clear here.
There was no holiday delay. It was the 5th of July when I paid for the item.
Aaron was paid over asking price to cover the fees. - That was my call
I was sent 3 tracking numbers over days and not until yesterday was the item actually taken to UPS to be shipped. So this will be 11-12 day until delivery.
The issue was opened by paypal because I tried to send a communication through paypal. I did not "open" the issue. Paypal did because I sent the message through their system.

go ahead and jump on the band wagon here folks, get in line.

The fact remains, he does not ship items when he says he ships items and this part sat for 6 days until I complained. That is the definition of poor customer service in my opinion regardless of your experience or feeling on how lucky one should be.

still waiting on that apology.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Your item was shipped within a week.

Your the one who stated dragging my ass through posts as your hobby. Grow up.

Yoir doing nothing but making yourself look bad. As for your $45. You can have it back. I'll send it now. Don't want your business nor do I need it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sorry ek2, your not gonna get sympathy from really anyone that has dealt with Aaron. You are in the wrong. His phone number is plastered all over the place and you decided to be impatient. You don't care about the $48 but you lose your shit and start trashing him almost immediately? You screwed up. If you were in such a hurry to get your sun shade you should have asked how long it would take to get shipped out. With all the horror stories about people getting screwed from deadbeat sellers, you had no reason to do anything but wait for response before threw a tantrum

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
It's pretty simple, you went straight to opening a claim for communication. I'd be pretty pissed too if that was me.

And of course people will stand up for Aaron, if you need something he will probably have it and for an awesome price. He's not the type of person who just pops in occasionally, promises parts, and then leaves again.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Its funny to see all of aarons bag lickers. I could care less for the guy.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Its funny to see all of aarons bag lickers. I could care less for the guy.
Aaron has come in clutch for me more than a few times, and you can't deny that his prices are pretty great.

As for this whole lil shitfest, I want to see Aaron vs. EK2 cage fight!

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
I don't understand why a person who used to be a seller, and is looking to get back in would be so hard on another seller.

I sell lots of goods/services. The absolute worst is when people escalate immediately without some back and forth communication.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I think everyone is missing the point about the tracking numbers, that is what seems to have bothered ek2mfg the most. Although, a claim does seem a bit hasty but I guess if you didnt know aaron you wouldnt have known that he is really reliable about getting stuff shipped.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think everyone is missing the point about the tracking numbers, that is what seems to have bothered ek2mfg the most. Although, a claim does seem a bit hasty but I guess if you didnt know aaron you wouldnt have known that he is really reliable about getting stuff shipped.
Can't speak for anyone else, but I totally get it. I've had multiple emails for tracking numbers for his other orders many times. I've seen the label created awaiting pickup a few times too. If you can't figure out what that means, or have the common sense to research/ask the seller, then you deserve every bit of shit he is currently getting. This guy should know something about shipping parts, shouldn't he? All that aside, you just start shitting on him before you even get a response? Maybe wait a week? Search around for some feedback on the seller? I mean.... it does take a while to find someone who has purchased from Aaron doesn't it?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Im also not convinced that ek2mfg knew that sending Aaron a message through paypal was going to start a dispute, based on his account of what happened in his thread. Maybe I'm wrong and he knew what he was doing was going to start a dispute but it looks to me like he was just trying to get any kind of response from Aaron. I know if I had sent a message to a respected seller (Aaron or otherwise, doesnt matter who) on facebook and an email and hadnt heard anything back for a few hours I would be looking for other methods to try to get a response. Especially when something odd/potentially confusing happens like being sent 3 different tracking numbers, one of which isnt even going to the state I live in.

ek2mfg said:
off to facebook I go, I send a message, nothing for about an hour. I look in my paypal payment and there is an email. I send an email.... nothing! for about an hour. Then I message through paypal and paypal sends me a pop up that says have you tried to contact the seller? I said yes and the dispute was live.

·
Pro xfercase destroyer
5,416 Posts
If I had received multiple tracking numbers for a single item, and one of those tracking numbers says that my package is going somewhere other than me and I'm having a hard time tracking down the seller - my Spidey Sense would be tingling. It also seems like EK2 didn't realize that sending a message through PayPal would initiate a dispute either (hell, I've been using PayPal forever and not sure I would've realized that either - never had to dispute anything).

Seems like it could've been handled better on both sides: clearer communication from Aaron (single tracking number, generate shipping label when part is ready to be shipped), and EK2 could've been a little more patient and given more time for a response. It can be tough to be patient when things seem to be screwier than you'd expect.

·
Supreme creator of stuff
3,571 Posts
It showed up, he refunded the money, i resent the same amount as the agreed price.

I bought one from ebay for 80 shipped. Now i have an extra that will go on ebay...lol

Rear hatch for sale!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
It showed up, he refunded the money, i resent the same amount as the agreed price.

I bought one from ebay for 80 shipped. Now i have an extra that will go on ebay...lol

Rear hatch for sale!
Forgive if I am not the first in line to buy something from you.

Back to Aaron, he works harder at his hobby than most people work at their day jobs. The other side most people do not see is he literally rescues people from their cars so they can start feeding their families again. Last one I saw him buy was from a kid who had a baby on the way and his car was spread all over the garage. The car was rougher than he thought, but he did not try to re-negotiate. I have went with him to buy about five or six cars. I have never seen him be anything but professional and courteous. I did see him walk away from a deal once because the guy said it was a 2nd gen and it was a 1st gen. It was close to 3 hours away.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts