Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced this guy once before and we were pretty even, though my boost is running like shit!
So ium driving with 3 of my buddys in the car and he pulls up to me at about 40 revving. We punch in second and through 100 we were dead even , we raced a little more but the same results. Finally we slow down for a light and he tells me he has stage 4 stillen upgrade with his bc acting up (bs), but i didnt ask if he was runnin stock turbos. With that i said lets see what ya got off the line.
Did a 4.5k drop and spanked him by about 4 cars while he spun the tires with 3 people in the car, couldnt stop laughing my ass off.

Does anyone know what the stage four upgrades are for stillen?
Four our cars i know its like 550 hp

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I believe Stage IV is:
POP chargers
DP
exhaust
BC
Stillen ECU upgrade

I think its like 425bhp. Anti-squat suspension makes that car a bitch to launch. His third gear should be a little stronger than yours and ESPECIALLY if you had three people in your car. Thats like 425bhp @ 3650lbs (Z+1) vs. 400bhp @ 4400lbs.(3s+3) approximately......:confused: I dunno, good driving/kill by you. Figured he beat you on the roll. From a stop, well we all know better;)

·
pseudo individualism
2,490 Posts
I use to think they were good

I use to think 300ZX was a good car, till I learned about them, talked to their owners, and a buddy of mine owned one.

The car is to heavy for what it comes with, the Hicas system is a joke, the way it handles is like a mustang, and the mods are way overpriced.

They run a 14.0-14.2 which isnt much. I saw a bunch of stock ones run those times at the 240sx group meet in Kansas City. Needless to say I spanked em, then listened as they told me my car wasnt a true "super car." The next day half the 300zx guys didnt show up for the autocross because of me. The ones that did only ran twice.

We both got our cars weighed at Fly'n J's truck stop :) Mine was 3,6XX with a half tank of gas, no spare. His was 3,5XX with a half tank. This was without us in the car. I should prolly scan in my papers, im sure someone here will call bs :rolleyes:

You can make anything go fast, and handle good. Its just how much money and time do you have. As for the 300zx, I hope the new ones are better.

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
TwinTurboR/t said:
Did a 4.5k drop and spanked him by about 4 cars while he spun the tires with 3 people in the car, couldnt stop laughing my ass off.

just how it was worded here. thats all.

BTW....nice kill.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
im pretty sure bro. i forget where i read it though. the same place i read that all the convertibles are n/a's. well.. well have to wait for halo :D .

·
Registered
514 Posts
There were a couple 2+2 tt's in the US, but they were special orders for Nissan of America Execs. They have them in Japan and elsewhere. But it's definately possible to take a 2+2 rolling chassis and add a TT motor.

·
pseudo individualism
2,490 Posts
2+2?

I dont think my friend had a backseat in his. Ill ask him tonight.

·
pseudo individualism
2,490 Posts
asked him

Well I asked him and he told me he didnt have a backseat, nor has he ever seen a TT with a backseat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts